Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars/private-results.aspx?Ntk=CarRego&Ntt=4788171&rego=4788171&D=4788171

very nice car in great condition........

Priced to sell quickly (wants to buy 360, trade considered), viewable chez moi!

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Smart ForTwo
  • Name: Peter
http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars/private-results.aspx?Ntk=CarRego&Ntt=4788171&rego=4788171&D=4788171

very nice car in great condition........

Priced to sell quickly (wants to buy 360, trade considered), viewable chez moi!

is that the one you did the brakes on, or has it got the usual crappy TR brakes?

Offline S4Simon

• The Rubber King of Adelaide

• Drives: WYSIWYG

• Soap Dodger

is that the one you did the brakes on, or has it got the usual crappy TR brakes?

Yes, but it will be sold with standard brakes... not to be confused with Testarossa brakes though. 512TR brakes are tolerable... TRossa are terrible.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter

Yes, but it will be sold with standard brakes... not to be confused with Testarossa brakes though. 512TR brakes are tolerable... TRossa are terrible.

i haven't driven a TR, but my understanding from someone who has is that the brakes are no better on the track.

maybe he meant they took 1.5 laps to fade instead of 1?

• Soap Dodger

i haven't driven a TR, but my understanding from someone who has is that the brakes are no better on the track.

maybe he meant they took 1.5 laps to fade instead of 1?

If TR brakes are kept in good condition, they are adequate on the road, but if worn/old fluid etc, yes, they're still bad.

On track, yes, they'll fade pretty soon. But track pads and hoses and fluid can make track work ok at some tracks (PI/Winton), but if you want to go to sandown or Calder, and drive to the tyre limit, then you'll need big brakes.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter

If TR brakes are kept in good condition, they are adequate on the road, but if worn/old fluid etc, yes, they're still bad.

On track, yes, they'll fade pretty soon. But track pads and hoses and fluid can make track work ok at some tracks (PI/Winton), but if you want to go to sandown or Calder, and drive to the tyre limit, then you'll need big brakes.

doesn't sound like much of an improvement over the testarossa then...either they're adequate or they're not. i don't think a testarossa had issues on the road, did it??

*shrug*

too much weight, too much power, brakes underperforming. it wasn't acceptable really. not for the money.

Offline greg246

• Soap Dodger

Ahem. $188k. Good luck  :o

I don't set the price, have you got any suggestion for what you think it's worth then... any recent sales/links to similar?

• Soap Dodger

doesn't sound like much of an improvement over the testarossa then...either they're adequate or they're not. i don't think a testarossa had issues on the road, did it??

*shrug*

too much weight, too much power, brakes underperforming. it wasn't acceptable really. not for the money.

TRossa brakes are bad on the road. 512TR are adequate.

A small improvement, but not a giant leap.

But it's kinda the norm. I've had 355 and 360 owners come to me because they have brake fade on the road... and 430's with steel have suffered that I know of too...

At least with a TR family car, the handling should protect you from brake troubles!