Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
http://www.drive.com.au/used-cars/FERRARI/328/Sydney/detail.aspx?id=4455554&lid=4455554&pg=1&pp=0&d=0&nv=1&SG=458209495&pt=1

Stupid drive.com.au ads only have freakin postage stamps so you can't even see them :irked:

Image Image Image

Price:  $88,000 ono *     
Reg Exp:
Trans: 5 SP MANUAL    Body: 2D COUPE
Year: 1989    Fuel Type: premium unleaded
Engine Size: 3.2    Colour: RED
Km's: 40244    
Reg No: NSW, AXO66U

ONE OF A KIND and very unique Ferrari. Its a 1989 328 GTS with a special body kit and has a targa roof. Classic yet more modern than most 80's Ferraris and looks much sexier than the new ones when stopping next to one. Stand out from the other Ferraris and show your own unique idenity. Drives like a dreamcar should and gives you all that needed adrenaline. The last true Ferrrari model because it has none of the power-steering and easy-driving features. This is a real sports car. Its been proudly owned by Winter Sports athlete ("Faisal Faisal" - see youtube or msn video) selling car to fund Vancouver 2010 persuit. Very attached to this car but need to sell it because always travelling overseas and had left it in the garage for most of the 3 years I've owned it. Rarely driven the car. Its been the joy of my life whenever in Sydney but now its time to part ways. Never intended on selling my Ferrari but had to make this decision. Serious individuals only. When I carry my flag at the opening ceremony in 2010 you will then understand why I gave this car up. -Quick sale-

Looks kinda like the Koenig though, as per:

Click here for hi-res

Click here for hi-res

Click here for hi-res

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23806327-5016360,00.html

Ferrari to fund Olympic bid

MEET Faisal Faisal, a Baghdad expatriate selling his one tangible asset - a Ferrari 328 GTS - to beat the odds and become Iraq's first Winter Olympian.

In an Arabian version of Cool Runnings, Faisal is sacrificing all to raise the Iraqi flag at Vancouver in 2010. "Ever since I was a small boy Idreamt of representing my country,'' Faisal said.

"When I came to Sydney in 1998, the first TV show I saw was the Winter Olympics Opening Ceremony. I was pumped because I wanted to see Iraq marching into the stadium but then nobody from Iraq came. Nobody has ever represented Iraq at the Winter Olympics.''

So Faisal set about becoming an Olympic slalom skiier and in 2001 approached Australian officials for help, despite no downhill experience. After being told his accommodation and training expenses would be met, Faisal's dream was soon shattered.

"The ski team manager took one look at me and told me I was dreaming - but not in a good way,'' Faisal said.

As war erupted in his homeland, Faisal completed a business management degree.

When the dust cleared in Baghdad, Faisal learned he had lost his best mate Maad, who vanished after being imprisoned by Sadaam's henchmen.

"It was crushing but it just made me more determined to do something big for Iraq,'' he said.
Faisal returned to Baghdad and helped with the reconstruction effort, brokering tenders and earning enough to buy a Sydney property. Instead he bought a red Ferrari.

"It was a hard time for me losing my mate and with the war and my family back home so I thought, 'What the hell','' he said.

Meanwhile, Faisal resumed his Olympic quest, trawling through winter sports. That's when he discovered the skeleton - tobogganing for loners.

Faisal contacted the Australian federation but while a coach told him he had potential there were no funds to help.

But the US did help in early 2005, offering a crash course and Faisal's first competition in which he beat two current Olympians.

After narrowly missing qualification for Turino 2006, Faisal has his sights firmly set on Vancouver - and he's not aiming merely to make up the numbers.

"I have no doubt I will make it to Vancouver. Wouldn't it be great if I could actually win a medal for Iraq,'' he said.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
i just happen to know a bit about this car.

apart from the ugly body kit, "it's unregistered, the books are in dubai or something, but might be available, and most of the accident damage has been repaired."

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.