Offline lord melchett

absolute fucking BULLSHIT.

they only lose power if something is wrong with them.

that's what i meant by "clean and well kept".

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

:rolleyes:

I know several dirty neglected ones that are running fine.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
The seemingly rapid price drop in 'good' late model 360s has me questioning if a 2004 996 Porsche GT3 is what I want.
This will sound silly to most but if the ferrari had racing seats and no plush leather etc. I would be more interested.

I suspect from a total cost of ownership the Porsche is going to be less, although I'm sure FF would disagree.
Performance wise the Porsche also comes out on top.
But as far as desirability goes, a Ferrari has a lot going for it.

Not sure if it would fit in my garage though.

It's a shame I don't still have the 360 mate, could have taken you for a run.

I've owned both Ferraris and Porsches, and still have a 993 which has been fantastic.

The Ferrari is pure drama, they are a stunning car and every drive is an event. I'll own a 360 again in future, next time round will be a convertible/manual and I'll enjoy it for cruising. It's dead easy to get a set of good carbon race seats to fit the Ferrari - buckets of room in the cabin for them.

If you are planning a lot of track time, the GT3 is the go for sure. It is expensive to regularly track the 360 if you are going to push hard and keep it in top nick. I don't regret a minute I had mine, but for the driving I do now the Ultima GTR is better on the track and I'm less worried about pushing it harder.

If you enjoy the car much more on the road, then try a 360 otherwise you'll always wonder!

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
:rolleyes:

I know several dirty neglected ones that are running fine.

Don't feed the troll.

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
the argument of 360 vs 996 GT3 or TT (both in my cases) has been one i have wrestled with for a long time.

when i had the GT3, i drove a 360 and it seemed slow and tame,  but that said, my GT3 was well and truly sorted and tuned and a total weapon.

but now that i have the TT, again i am thinking do i go to the italian.  However i think its a case of head vs heart.

I had an offer to straight swap my TT for a 360 Manual last week, and i think in my personal case, the Head will always beat the heart, just because im a little too pragmatic for my own good some time. if that makes sense.

but if you're soneone who follows their heart, which i'm quite sure you are more than me, being a musician already eludes to that, perhaps the 360 will bring you more joy.

Online Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT

I had an offer to straight swap my TT for a 360 Manual last week, and i think in my personal case, the Head will always beat the heart, just because im a little too pragmatic for my own good some time. if that makes sense.

Just out of interest was the 360 an import?

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
Just out of interest was the 360 an import?

yup,

silver, on black, Manual 70k's

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes....
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
Interesting wrestle.

I too had the same dilemma.

Back then I went with the 996 TT as it was so much easier to drive everyday and get extra power out of.

The 360 was definitely one to make my heart thump, just not the practical option.

Offline TEZZA

• Those Frenchies seek him everywhere

• Drives: No matter what it is I am still lusting after something better.
Interesting wrestle.

I too had the same dilemma.

Back then I went with the 996 TT as it was so much easier to drive everyday and get extra power out of.

The 360 was definitely one to make my heart thump, just not the practical option.

When is a Ferrari of any kind a "practical option?"

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
How are 360 prices in the UK now?

I know Australian importers were snapping up plenty and keeping the price up over there but has that slowed down at all yet? I cant say that it looks like it at this end when you see all the cars coming up on ebay and carsales all the time....

Be interesting to know how many people are buying these cheaper 360's without really realising the maintenance costs. Most would have gone from an Australian or Jap car that you just change the oil and brake pads and drive forever.