Offline HWHL

Hi Guys
I'm not sure if this is a problem or just the way it is.
When I have my 2004 spider, under hard acceleration, and I mean foot to the floor in sport mode, from about 8000-8500 rpm when you change gears the car seems to jerk to the right a touch, nothing dramatic, but enough that you notice it and go to correct it.
Any suggestions?
I've thought it could be a touch of wheel spin but hearing anything is not going to happen :-).
Is it possible for it to loose traction at those rpm's on a dry road with good tyres?

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Not normal....     But if it's wheel spin we can not tell you if it is or isn't, you have to figure that out in the real world.

There is a huge difference between old tyres and new tyres. I owned two 360's at the same time a while back, one had original tyres it was delivered from the factory with (~7 years old) and the other had brand new tyres, the difference between them was phenomenal.    Could be old hard, dry tyres????
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

Almost certainly tyres.

Even pressures more than a few psi out could do it.

Possibly wheel alignment or worn tie rod ends.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
Hi Guys
I'm not sure if this is a problem or just the way it is.
When I have my 2004 spider, under hard acceleration, and I mean foot to the floor in sport mode, from about 8000-8500 rpm when you change gears the car seems to jerk to the right a touch, nothing dramatic, but enough that you notice it and go to correct it.
Any suggestions?
I've thought it could be a touch of wheel spin but hearing anything is not going to happen :-).
Is it possible for it to loose traction at those rpm's on a dry road with good tyres?

If its wheelspin it likely that it will jerk to the right so I wouldnt be too surprised if that's the cause. See if you can put the car on a hoist and check your engine mounts as well.

Offline eewink

• Drives: Holden
Also make sure tires are really warm for max grip when you do something like that or you will lose control. Get a TPMS for the wheels.

Offline HWHL

It's due for a twelve month check up next month so ill check underneath then, the tyres are Kumho so I'm not sure of that brands quality, but are only a couple of years old by the date on the sidewalls..
Can you tell me what a TMPS is?.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

It's due for a twelve month check up next month so ill check underneath then, the tyres are Kumho so I'm not sure of that brands quality, but are only a couple of years old by the date on the sidewalls..

I think he means a Temperature sensor for the tyres???? But personally I see them more of a gymic than anything else.

Drive to the limits of the car and condition and don't rely on these electronics, if you need these electronics to tell you how to drive your car, you don't know your car well enough...

(track work is another story but we arn'T talking about track work are we?)
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline eewink

• Drives: Holden

Kumho? Don't skimp on quality tires. Get Pzeros or Pilot Sport PS2s.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

Kumho? Don't skimp on quality tires. Get Pzeros or Pilot Sport PS2s.

I noticed a lot of import cars were running with Kumho's, probably to save money in compliance.  Tyres on high performance cars are not where people should save money though  :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I noticed a lot of import cars were running with Kumho's, probably to save money in compliance.  Tyres on high performance cars are not where people should save money though  :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

I didn't think the Kumho's had the correct Load and Speed ratings for the Ferrari??? Do they make Y rated tyres???