Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.

Online allanuber

• Name: Al

Oh I LIKE you're thinking man.

Though, I'd stick it on a Toyota AE86 chassis with a twin turbo   :)
C'mon, do it!

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

Oh I LIKE you're thinking man.

Though, I'd stick it on a Toyota AE86 chassis with a twin turbo   :)

That would so pee off the Ferrari resto freaks :gnasher:  ... the ultimate kit car, to use an actual Ferrari body.

Offline dkabab

One day 250gte's will be worth a bit of money..... Their chassis keep getting donated to 250tr replicas and the like

Online allanuber

Want to start a fund? We put in a few K each, I'll get the build done and documented and we all own a share in a body that may be worth something in a few years, but all get to 'timeshare' a crazy kit car in the interim?

12 shareholder, 5K each, one month with the car each ... DONE.
C'mon, do it!

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

One day 250gte's will be worth a bit of money..... Their chassis keep getting donated to 250tr replicas and the like
Its looks like this one could be getting used for just that purpose, no chassis or running gear.

Want to start a fund? We put in a few K each, I'll get the build done and documented and we all own a share in a body that may be worth something in a few years, but all get to 'timeshare' a crazy kit car in the interim?

I wonder if we'd get enough interest .... anyone interested????

Wonder if its something we could look at for another kind of car as well. A time share Elise could be interesting. At 5K a share you could cover overheads as well, plan it for say 2 years and then sell the car and get some money back or reinvest on the next time share car. Would give some guys that dont have a car to use for the cruises, Tassie, NT or Broken Hill runs something to go along in and us guys that have cars another toy to play with. I couldnt see myself buying a Lotus but I'd love one for a month a year.  Have to ask James for some thoughts on insurance for a 12 owner car.

Thats just a basic thought, I wonder how much interest there would be in something like that. You could do one of the interstate runs, have both guys go on it that are doing the driver swap ... 12 weekend runs a year  :p

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/results.aspx?base=1216&vertical=Car&page=1&eapi=2&N=1246%201247%201252%201282%204294965279%204294965277%201216&silo=Stock&Range=Price:Min,Max~0.5&sort=~Price Something like the 2000 Elise with just over 20k on the clock for $36k, on the road for under 40k .. it might be the rover engine so possibly look for a Toyota powered car but always plenty on the market.

Might be something to set a date for later in the year to give some guys time to save if needed, but an interesting thought. Not something Id thought of before but could work on a site like this.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

with a water tight contract no doubt

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I wonder if we'd get enough interest .... anyone interested????

Wonder if its something we could look at for another kind of car as well. A time share Elise could be interesting. At 5K a share you could cover overheads as well, plan it for say 2 years and then sell the car and get some money back or reinvest on the next time share car. Would give some guys that dont have a car to use for the cruises, Tassie, NT or Broken Hill runs something to go along in and us guys that have cars another toy to play with. I couldnt see myself buying a Lotus but I'd love one for a month a year.

Said almost exactly that 4 years ago:

http://aussieexotics.com/forum/cars/classic-car-club-2192.0.html

And yeah it's been tossed about a bit before:

http://aussieexotics.com/forum/cars/what-does-it-take-to-start-a-car-club-5491.0.html

Online allanuber

with a water tight contract no doubt

A contract is easy. Finding like-minded people who can afford to throw away a few K for 'fun' is harder. I'd be in, no problems.

For me, it'd have to be a project like this that'd get significant interest, coverage and be something with potentially high upside, either due to the body being worth a quite lot more in say 5 years, or the project being something that could yield say 5 x investment in 12 months from a sponsor buying something that attracts attention.

So, using that logic and treating it as another .com investment (vs risk) it'd be an interesting ride.

Also, that's why doing that for a 'normal' car like an Elise just wouldn't work - they're cheap and cheerful enough if you want one, just go buy it and hammer it into the ground!
C'mon, do it!