Offline Richie

• I need Lambo drugs...

• Drives: my wife crazy
Hi gents,

I would like to find out who is the ferrari authorised repairer in Melbourne? Is there one at all?

I know Lamborghini Melbourne goes to Mr. Gloss, Porsche Centre Melbourne goes to Charlie Battisti's and I know both of them very well and also know that they always look after my cars 110%.... however, I am interested in finding out if there is an authorised ferrari repairer at all in Melbourne?

I googled it and it shows that Lance Dixon Autobody and Paint in Doncaster lists themselves as a ferrari authorised repairer, I know Lance Dixon used to distribute/sell Ferrari cars.... but are they the factory recognised authorised repairer as what they claim they are?

Thanx!

cheers,

richie

Offline deangpsx8

• I Am Legend
  • I am legend in my own lunchbox

• Drives: Everyone Crazy
  • Name: Dean
  • www: Intellitrac.com.au
Apparently there is an authorised panel shop in South Morang/Mill Park Area.

I remember going out there about 2 years ago with a friend having some rectification work done on his Ferrari.

It is super huge, and they apparently are endorsed by Ferrari.
Persistence Beats Resistance

Offline Richie

• I need Lambo drugs...

I could have picked up the phone and call Zagame to get the answer instead of raising this thread... lazy me.... anyway... found out that Carpenter Autobody work in Heidelberg West is the current authorised ferrari repairer as what Dean just said...

Not too sure how their workmanship like compares to Charlie's or Mr. Gloss's.... anyone has any experience with them?

Enjoy the last night of 2009 boys!

cheers,

richie

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
. found out that Carpenter Autobody work in Heidelberg West is the current authorised ferrari repairer as what Dean just said...

Not too sure how their workmanship like compares to Charlie's or Mr. Gloss's.... anyone has any experience with them?

richie

Yes, I have.

In order to become Ferrari auhtorised panel shop ALL you have to do is buy it. You buy some equipment, and you tender for the "pleasure".

They stole a job from me. I discussed it with them as they cheekily came to my shop to quote the damage. They threatened physical violence if I interfered. I think they may me "family" type, possibly., but of course, I could be wrong.

It could just be corrupt assessors taking back handers, but again, I'm only guessing.

I wouldn't use them.

I estimated $25k to fix a lightly crashed 550, they took the job from me blowing their trumpets and claiming to be gods gift....

and the invoice was $86500!

yes, $86500

AND they guy had to come to me afterwards to get his doors and window seals fixed up due to shoddy assembly.

Their paint repairs were good and they used all new genuine parts, where I quoted using, to the owners knowledge, some good used parts from a salvage.

I could have done the job for $30-35k their way.

Offline Richie

• I need Lambo drugs...

Yes, I have.

In order to become Ferrari auhtorised panel shop ALL you have to do is buy it. You buy some equipment, and you tender for the "pleasure".

They stole a job from me. I discussed it with them as they cheekily came to my shop to quote the damage. They threatened physical violence if I interfered. I think they may me "family" type, possibly., but of course, I could be wrong.

It could just be corrupt assessors taking back handers, but again, I'm only guessing.

I wouldn't use them.

I estimated $25k to fix a lightly crashed 550, they took the job from me blowing their trumpets and claiming to be gods gift....

and the invoice was $86500!

yes, $86500

AND they guy had to come to me afterwards to get his doors and window seals fixed up due to shoddy assembly.

Their paint repairs were good and they used all new genuine parts, where I quoted using, to the owners knowledge, some good used parts from a salvage.

I could have done the job for $30-35k their way.

Hi Phil,

Thanx for sharing the experience! Definitely not worth the exercise to even go down there then... I will stick with my usual panel jobs that I always use all the time in the future if anything should go wrong...

cheers and have a good night!

richie
ps. Love the tubi sound and as you mentioned, I will need to work on the throttles more and I can kinda master it now, so it has less boomy sound at around 2000 to 3000rpm

Offline Mario

• Name: Polish Doctor
Charlie Battisti is very good but then again so is this place , www.xtox.com.au
I have been to there panel repair shop and they are the only Body Shop Repair Centre in Australia that uses waterborne paint at the OEM LEVEL !

The owner of the business Jason King used to work for File Finish , his second in charge  worked for File Finish as well ! They both left File Finish to set up there own business !

I have seen there workmanship they do cars for Maranello Motors and there clients , there work is good !
But like all Body Shops very good in repainting and repairing and average on polishing !

Quote, these are the words from one of my clients who told his Body Shop Repairer !

Offline DL599

• nee Melbourne Exotics

• Name: Damon
there is a place in bay street but i cant remember the name it is something like enzo or along the lines of that.
if your car feels safe, your not going fast enough

Offline Mario

there is a place in bay street but i cant remember the name it is something like enzo or along the lines of that.

Damon are you talking about that Ferrari repairer in Bay Street Brighton ?
I don't think it's Auto Body Shop ! He repairs Ferraris , Maseratis , Lambos like Ferrari Fixer !

I did a paint correction job  for him many years ago on one of his clients Ferraris ( Andrew Foxe's ) Ferrari 512 Boxer !

I think the name is Terzini Motors in Bay Street Brighton  ! I know Sandro Terzini !

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

Ferrari 512 Boxster !

BLASPHEMER!

Boxsters are German chic/poofter cars

BOXER is a Ferrari!

Go wash your mouth out with polymers sealants!

Offline Mario

BLASPHEMER!

Boxsters are German chic/poofter cars

BOXER is a Ferrari!

Go wash your mouth out with polymers sealants!

You know the car i'm talking about Phil
  :doh:

And a Happy New Year to you to
  :thumbsup: