Offline M308

• Degranged

1st thing that comes to my mind.......suicide :scratchchin:

No person in their right mind would challenge a red light at those speeds :thumbsdown:

Offline adam01

• Drives: vw anything

No person in their right mind would challenge a red light at those speeds :thumbsdown:

thought that 2

barstard could have driven off a cliff (if there is one in Sing.)

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

The problem is slowing down in any useful way from those speeds when the light goes red.

We take customers to 'advanced' driving courses every month. While I really enjoy it, there is a test that has a 80+% failure rate which is letting people brake from 100kph, on a straight, dry, wide section of track as late as they think is safe before they hit a cutout of a dog (we used to use a cutout of a small human till a client broke into tears).

Most people brake too late, brake too softly, and even tough they could probably steer around the cutout when they know they're going to hit it - they are fixated at looking at it so they drive right into it.

I'll admit we've only ever had one Mondi like chap who accelerated into the cutout   :)

From 200+K's, even if he attempted braking 'early' he'd have still been a missile through the intersection.

Whatever the reasons it's all a terrible outcome.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

thought that 2

barstard could have driven off a cliff (if there is one in Sing.)

Drugs, drunk, snapped...... if it was suicide , premeditated, all he had to do was hit a tree, ....is there one on Sing ?

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes....
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car

Maybe he watched too many movies...

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I'll admit we've only ever had one Mondi like chap who accelerated into the cutout   :)

LULZ!!!

We did an advanced driving course down at Calder Park once. The humans where made of a foam rubber stuff......

Hand brakeys and going sideways into the crowd will not get you a pass as I found out.   :D

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Online anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_tuneup

Been there done that quite a few times........
first time as a passenger in a DeTomaso Pantera at over 120mph past Parafield Airport as a 12 year old followed by the same ride in an XU1 owned by a lady in her 70's. Driver of both cars was my brothers boss doing a tune up for customers.  :tilt:
He went on to become the head engineer for the Honda US and World Moto X teams for about 20-30 years.

Offline 986986

• Drives: 997.2 S PDK; '12 Cayenne Diesel (family bus)
The problem is slowing down in any useful way from those speeds when the light goes red.

We take customers to 'advanced' driving courses every month. While I really enjoy it, there is a test that has a 80+% failure rate which is letting people brake from 100kph, on a straight, dry, wide section of track as late as they think is safe before they hit a cutout of a dog (we used to use a cutout of a small human till a client broke into tears).

Most people brake too late, brake too softly, and even tough they could probably steer around the cutout when they know they're going to hit it - they are fixated at looking at it so they drive right into it.

From 200+K's, even if he attempted braking 'early' he'd have still been a missile through the intersection.

Whatever the reasons it's all a terrible outcome.

Familiar with this as I am in Sing very often......he was a Chinese National mid 30s who is involved in "investment"  out of Singapore, passenger was a Asian Prostitute also killed outright .......wife was a home with a couple little ones and about 7 months pregnant.

There is a growing resentment locally with the Chinese new money coming in and not respecting the country

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes....
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car