Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

• Drives: MB SLK230 - VW 3.6 CC
http://www.carpoint.com.au/used-car/ALFA%20ROMEO/MONTREAL/New%20South%20Wales/csn6899579.aspx

vehicle details
Last Update   19-Apr-2009
Vehicle   1974 ALFA ROMEO MONTREAL
Colour   Orange
Interior Colour   Grey
Body   2 door 5 seat COUPE
Transmission   5 speed Manual
Drive type   Rear
Engine   8 cylinder Petrol Multi-point injected 2.6L (2593cc)
Kms   63566
Miles   39410.9
Price   $49,500*
Price Denomination   AUD
Registration Expiry   MAR-2010
Registration number   NWP888
Road Worthy Certificate   Yes
Vehicle ID   6873604
Short Description   Rare Supercar of the 70's
Description   One of 100 sold in Australia in 1974. Probably 50 left RHD. Excellent condition, drives well. 2.6Lt V8. Car pulls very well.No hesitation.
Original miles. Unmolested example. All stainless steel trim intact. Very good carpets, switches good.
Drives very straight. Boot as new. Lens as new.
Car in South Sydney.
vehicle features *
Disc Brakes Front Ventilated
Disc Brakes Rear Solid
Dry Sump
Limited Slip Diff
* Please confirm pricing, vehicle details and features with seller. Check our disclaimer for more information.
our disclaimer
contact details
Name   Steven
Country   Australia
State   New South Wales
Suburb   MORTDALE
Post Code   2223

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I'm sure I posted this one already - years ago!  Maybe on Fchat... :scratchchin:

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Smart ForTwo
  • Name: Peter
I had a drag against one of these once. We both got done for speeding. I was in a 246GT. I won.

I've never seen one that doesn't blow a ton of smoke.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Offline Plaredes

I had a drag against one of these once. We both got done for speeding. I was in a 246GT. I won.

I owned a silver Montreal and had a drag with a blue 246GT once just after it exited the Calder Freeway north of Keilor. My memory is that through the gears the Montreal just had the edge on the Dino.  Mine certainly did not 'blow smoke'.  Incidentally the cop that pulled us over that day was my brother so, sorry, you got booked....I didn't.  It's not what you know.......

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
I owned a silver Montreal and had a drag with a blue 246GT once just after it exited the Calder Freeway north of Keilor. My memory is that through the gears the Montreal just had the edge on the Dino.  Mine certainly did not 'blow smoke'.  Incidentally the cop that pulled us over that day was my brother so, sorry, you got booked....I didn't.  It's not what you know.......

We might have to go to the video replay on this one.  :confused:
Maybe you had a few drops of oil on your exhaust that was smoking.  :melting:

Offline robo333

The Alfa Romeo Montreal pictured here is a Right Hand Drive version built in Australia. It has won numerous awards at concours shows all over the USA. Best Alfa Romeo at Concorso D'Italia, Meadowbrook, Eyes on Classics, etc. It has just over 30 Kilometers on the clock and is in original condition, except for being polished and cleaned up. We took the car to Germany from Australia when we moved and my wife used it to take the kids to school everyday! Getting in and out of shopping centers was fun, a RHD car and the ticket dispenser on the left, but we enjoyed driving it all over Europe. When we transferred to the USA, the car came with us. It drives great and always stops traffic. Montreals are one of the most under rated cars on the market today. People do not realize that it is one of the only V8's Alfa made and the lineage of the engine is outstanding having won the World Sports Car Championship as a 2.0 liter in the Type 33.