Linked Events

• Nov 29 - NSW - Pickles Luxury Car Auction: Mon, 29 Nov, 2010

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
It had done less than 800km

You can start a service book now and by the time you sell it again no one will give a bugger about the first 800km.

Very, very wrong....................unless you find a complete dingbat to sell it to.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Very, very wrong....................unless you find a complete dingbat to sell it to.

You might have to discount it a bit but not a lot I would think.
If it has 15000km of good history and service it only becomes a matter of principle.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

If it has 15000km of good history and service it only becomes a matter of principle.

It's not the missing 800 km's......................... it's the missing identity document.
If it was a Ferrari you would find it hard to sell it to any dealer without a massive discount.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

It's not the missing 800 km's......................... it's the missing identity document.
If it was a Ferrari you would find it hard to sell it to any dealer without a massive discount.

yeah fair enough :scratchchin:

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head

You been talking to FF and AL too much, but they mean it from a mechanical viewpoint.

360c and I are talking about value and resale price... Complete books are what gives it the extra value, even if it is an otherwise perect example.

And unfortunately some money hungry small shifty dealers (and private sellers) can get around it under certain circumstances.  Although if it is a good forge no one would ever know the difference...
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

You been talking to FF and AL too much, but they mean it from a mechanical viewpoint.

360c and I are talking about value and resale price... Complete books are what gives it the extra value, even if it is an otherwise perect example.

And unfortunately some money hungry small shifty dealers (and private sellers) can get around it under certain circumstances.  Although if it is a good forge no one would ever know the difference...

I was really talking from a mechanical point of view but I understand the authenticity of the books gives comfort to many.

More than that the books are important I know.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

No advice from anyone, I've been buying cars since FF was in nappies  :p

With todays digital editing and printing technology it would be possible to re-manufacture a service book if you knew what you were doing. However I couldn't see too many dealers having the expertise or wanting to risk their LMCT over it.

I have seen some pretty funny manipulation attempts over the years. This is the paint code sticker on my old F50 - not sure if that would fool anyone  :rolleyes:  The car was ALWAYS yellow and it was very easy to confirm the factory records, let alone a close inspection of the car. For some unknown reason the car had a Rosso Corsa sticker on it and the dealer tried to alter it. Don't know why you would bother as you can buy the stickers after market and they are perfect reproductions.

Also put up a photo of the warranty booklet. Wouldn't be too taxing to reproduce if the financial motivation was high enough and morals low enough.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
I see you haven't dealt with Viet dealers yet...

If anyone wants more info PM me.
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline Joel

Does anyone know any sites with the full price list? I have contacted Pickles and haven't got anything from them.

Offline adam01

07/2008 FERRARI 599GTB COUPE
6.0 LITRE V12 PETROL ENGINE,
F1 DUAL CLUTCH TRANSMISSION,
ABS BRAKES, POWER STEERING,
AIR-CONDITIONING, CARBON
CERAMIC BRAKES
ODOMETER: 12400KLMS SHOWING
VIN: ZFFFD60D000161750
COLOUR: BLACK

http://www.dominionauctioneers.com.au/index.php?module=search_auctions

2007 LAMBORGHINI MURCIELAGO