Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Theres an add on this site from an importer selling a Red 360 for $110 BUT... the cars not actually here  :eek:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Theres an add on this site from an importer selling a Red 360 for $110 BUT... the cars not actually here  :eek:

They just posted that an hour ago. 

http://aussieexotics.com/showroom/classified.php/listing/542/ferrari/ferrari-360-modena-2001

What am I supposed to do - get rid of them so they'll come back and post on the forums instead?  Due diligence on behalf of people browsing?  I'm kinda tired of the place being used to flog shit, but it's a neverending stream of people with shit to flog.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
guy is full of shit, I just did the sums, why would he bring the car in to loose $5k????

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2131381.htm
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

Im happy for them to put their adds up in the for sales...... if it was already here I would have been on the phone and bought it buy now.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Im happy for them to put their adds up in the for sales...... if it was already here I would have been on the phone and bought it buy now.

Yeah well guess what site is usually #1ish in Google for "import ferrari/lamborghini/etc" because so many people here talk about doing it - hence we get people wanting to sell you imports.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

Never buy off these guys who say they can bring a car in for X amount but the car isn't even bought by them yet. If they had the money to do the business they would already have the car in the country for sale. Obviously they don't have the money to fund their business, and i'm 100% sure they will want a minimum of 50% up front to purchase the car and get the ball rolling.... I wouldn't be surprised if the price jumps up another $20k by the time you get it on the road  :doh: and you don't have a choice.... you will either loose $55k or give them the extra $20k to get the car over instead of loosing your 50% deposit.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

I was thinking the same thing... I'd never hand over money for a car I cant see but I am getting very peeved with people with adds on Carsales not replying lately... im thinking they should have a policy of if you want to sell your car you have to provide a phone number. Carsales are just helping the scammers by doing that.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

just did a search on the raws infrastructure list as well, these guys arn't a raws company, so they give it to a raws company to do compliance so the costs will still go up higher as they don't have controll over the compliancing costs.

I can tell they have NEVER imported before because the add says "New Tyres all around 2.5k"    but anyone who has delt with importing a car knows that complaincing includes putting new tyres anyway  :doh:

Talks about it as if it his his personal car as well. Fail  :doh:

Offline mr_leisure

Guys
This is not a scam we are RAW we have just finished complying  a Gallardo and awiting for it to be added to our schedule next 2 weeks or so we have a Ferrari in stock which we are complying and will have tested in the next month and a Masearti arriving on the 26th Oct also for test
Once listed we will be bringing in more stock
We have been importing for over 15 yrs the ads are only examples taken fromn actual ads the prices are real and include full compliance but not rego or stamp duty
The ads I posted are examples to show real cost of importing a car or you can buy one here at inflated prices
from others
My cars can be inspected  at our premises or I can supply photos
If you a really interested we can save you money but no dreamers please

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

...the prices are real and include full compliance but not rego or stamp duty

Didn't I say the prices weren't real? He just admits it isn't the full price only hours after I said it wasn't

I wouldn't be surprised if the price jumps up another $20k by the time you get it on the road  :doh: and you don't have a choice.... you will either loose $55k or give them the extra $20k to get the car over instead of loosing your 50% deposit.

So the actual cost of buying the Cheapest UK 360 possible and getting it on Australian roads will end up costing more than the cheapest 360 to buy that is already in Australia?

As a potential purchaser myself, inconsitencies in your ads and website and from your post have scared me from your company all together. And as a registered motor trader in Victoria I thought you were meant to only advertise the COmplete on road/drive away price including rego, taxes ect....? I'm not from Vic but there was a thread on here about it a couple of weeks ago.  :doh: