Offline mr_leisure

Read
the info on our web site it is quite clear
We import on behalf of customers you pay the OS people not us the only cost we charge people is compliance
buyers pay all the other fees car/freight/duty/GST/and LCT
All we do is direct you

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Yeah well guess what site is usually #1ish in Google for "import ferrari/lamborghini/etc" because so many people here talk about doing it - hence we get people wanting to sell you imports.

Wouldn't it be funny if someone actually wanted to advertise a service like this...

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Wouldn't it be funny if someone actually wanted to advertise a service like this...

One day Ash, one day lol  :D
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

Read
the info on our web site it is quite clear ??????
We import on behalf of customers you pay the OS people not us the only cost we charge people is compliance
buyers pay all the other fees car/freight/duty/GST/and LCT
All we do is direct you

MAte I just went over your whole website again and it says nothing of the sort  :doh:

ANother reason why I wouldn't trust what is said, is you don't even know what is on your own (just made) website.

I do think your advertising style/technique and your personal mannor to potential customers is pretty crap mate. I can't stand nor trust people that do not admit they were wrong when clearly it is black and white  :doh:

I haven't had this much fun online in ages  :D

Offline mr_leisure

mateee
All we are trying to do is offer a service to members on your website who would like to own an exotic at a reduced cost
I have invited members if they wish to visit our premises and see cars here and go thru the process after being satisfied  of what we have offer
If your not interested to do this and find out more then why comment we have already taken orders on cars
Im not here to start a thread and argue the point
People these days are smart enough to make up their own minds after doing all the research and we welcome this ,it sounds like all you have to gain is some banter on this website

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

First impressions last, if I see flaws in any industry then why should I not speak my mind and provide evidence to support my claims? (which I have).

When someone lies about something trivial like your ads or your website and from what you post up as a forum user and nothing is consistent, how can one trust you not to lie about other more important things? That is why I brought your inconsitencies up, if I didn't, i'm sure someone else would have, and besides in the end people picking at your company structure will ultimately help you in the long run, giving you feed back on how to make it better to the customers and why people may/may not go to you to purchase a car.

Think what you like but now you can now go back and fix the mistakes you have in your company, first thing is to fix your website, then learn your website, and then give REALISTIC prices to customers, grabbing peoples attention by giving a false SUper low price will not fair well from the customers point of view when you start adding on hidden charges.

By the way I wont charge you for the advice, this if free advice from a (once) potential customer to help YOU, not me.

Offline mr_leisure

Thankyou for your input
Let me explain how figures are contrived
car cost lets say car cost in uk = 40000GBP /0.61(current rate)$65574
+ 5% duty$3278 +Freight $1500+ GST$7035 =$77388
+ LCT ( $77388 - $57466 = $19922 x10/11 x33% =$5977
So $77388 + $5977 + Compliance $22000 + tyres =$107,365
allowing for repairs/service/incidentals  $3000 = approx $110,000
plus stamp duty 4% in Vic and rego =approx $5000
$115000 DRIVE AWAY thats realistic
This is reflected on our website there are no mistakes Im sure you should know this as you seem to be an expert in such matters

Offline mr_leisure

I have also decided not to keep adding to this thread as Im not here trying to justify to ignorant people who are ready to criticise an industry they dont understand
We have been importing cars for many years and have many satsified clients
Im happy to take genuine enquiries from any member about what we have to offer
We invite to visit our showroom or call us

Thanks

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

No i'm not an expert. All my cars are Aussie delivered at the moment (except for my ricer), my company imports/exports food and building materials, cars are not on the agenda for the company as there are a billion variables and it isn't a viable industry unless you are the RAWS workshop which I have no intention of getting as there isn't enough profit and way too many headaches (which i'm sure you know all to well about).

I'm warming to imports but I sure as hell wouldn't pick up those examples on your website, even if it is only used as an example.

Horses for courses, you get what you pay for, I personally wouldn't even look at those examples, with 60 000km, but i guess if you find a sucker that does and thinks he is getting a bargain then that is his problem for not doing research into the topic.

Good luck with your business, hope not to see you on ACA or Today Tonight anytime soon  :D

Online anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Cant say I know much at all about what is involved in importing a car.
Would an imports windscreen/glass be legal? Are their profits in compliancing? Someone has to look at the car in the UK and prepare it for shipping, is that in the price? Are there only 5% duties, is LCT only that much, I thought it would have been more?

I must say the adds are misleading. The 360 at first appears that it is for sale in Victoria. The add doesnt make it sound like you, the buyer, are buying the car from the UK and that they are doing the other work for you. It appears that they are buying cars, doing the work and selling them here for the price stated. So what Kujotk says about helping you make your site a lot clearer is very true.