Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
 :headbang:  Ash, lord of interweb recollection.

My interest in these actually started when a colleague went to look at that red one. The dealer is apparently selling on consignment so the test drive, bargaining, history angle was all a bit hard to get a grip of at the time. They're a lot smaller than you'd imagine from the pictures too - so a non-roof one would be less claustrophobic.

As for the price I'd be happy with - $160K seems faintly crazed. Under $100K it's looking a lot closer to the mark though - so now we've got

- Lotus exige with Honda supercharged engine (3 on the market)
- Pantera (RHD - GT or GTS on the market)
- Ultima GTR

All at the $90-$100K mark before hard bargaining... Which would you choose?
C'mon, do it!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Pantera is a lovely/monster car but I like it being someone else's.

Would be hard-pressed to decide between Ultima and Exige... Ultima is just a nutjob and I'd be grinning every mile just for the sheer stupidity of driving it around, Exige for some reason just seems a more refined and livable car - considering my choice would be for something I would use almost daily.

Dunno - really can't say :boggled:

Having never driven any of them - it's all hypothetical which I'd "like" better.

Edit: if I already had some decent machinery it would be ultima no question were it my only toy I'd get the exige or an esprit

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Pantera - hands down.   :D

But I'm a little bias on that one.

Offline allanuber

... Ultima is just a nutjob and I'd be grinning every mile just for the sheer stupidity of driving it around, Exige for some reason just seems a more refined and livable car ...

BWAAHAHAHAHAAA. Geebus, only on here could we be calling an SC exige more refined and livable    :)

I suspect test driving on normal roads is going to produce 3 angry rides - I'm still annoyed about missing out on that crashed 964 turbo, but the only upside is the budget's there for a suitable alternative. Having driven the pantera and a 'normal' Exige S over the last month I'm still torn, then you go and throw that Ultima up there!
C'mon, do it!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Hehe yeah well I'm used to driving shitboxes which make an Elise feel like a luxury GT cruiser. :?

What about trying to bring in an Atom as an ICV?  I'll be first on your list of buyers if it gets reg'd and you're sick of it. :D

Offline dkabab

Hehe yeah well I'm used to driving shitboxes which make an Elise feel like a luxury GT cruiser. :?

What about trying to bring in an Atom as an ICV?  I'll be first on your list of buyers if it gets reg'd and you're sick of it. :D

hold out and buy a Karaduman Gunna

Offline allanuber

Ah, change of perspective through deprivation. Cool. Keep that one in the bag for eventual parenting usage.

If you want an atom(ish) ICV, then mebbe get one of these ... atom(ish) ICV things that they are selling on the Gold Coast?

C'mon, do it!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Ah, change of perspective through deprivation. Cool. Keep that one in the bag for eventual parenting usage.

If you want an atom(ish) ICV, then mebbe get one of these ... atom(ish) ICV things that they are selling on the Gold Coast?

Cool haven't heard of that one.  Mate of a mate is building this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cheapracer

Waiting for more info.

Offline allanuber

Cool haven't heard of that one.  Mate of a mate is building this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cheapracer

Waiting for more info.

Not the kid in the garage you mentioned before??   :scared:

The RCR chaps sell a bucket of GT40 type kits and some rather wicked race replicas in the states. There's apparently a few of the superlites around in qld, so I'll have to take a look next time round. Whatever way you cut it, you're probably still down 60K for one of these if built properly with a nice drivetrain and well tuned... so you're back in 'proper' car country pricewise.

Will have to get a testdrive of one of these Ultima's then... see if they live up to the huge expectations!

BTW... RCR also do this thing, which is registerable on Aussie roads as an ICV (so they be saying...)

C'mon, do it!

Offline allanuber

Pantera - hands down.   :D

But I'm a little bias on that one.

Noted!  :cool:
C'mon, do it!