Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
Alright so I decided I would see what all the fuss about Chrome is all about. Have always used IE as it was just easier using what I know.

Now I will agree it is a lot faster to load, and as I like tab browsing it handles multiple tabs better then IE (though I did prefer IE as it opens the new tab at the end not next to the tab you are in).

My only complaint is that it loses remembered info. I have my login and password saved on hotmail, but if my missus logs in to hers, when I go back my details are gone. It also will log me out of the forums/twitter etc at least 3 times a week. Something that never happened on IE.

Anyone got any ideas?? I do run CCleaner on start up but it doesn't touch the cookies (well it didn't on IE), and it will lose the details mid session not at start up.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
(though I did prefer IE as it opens the new tab at the end not next to the tab you are in).

FF3 does this now too, at first it was disconcerting but it is actually better, I'll sometimes have 20+ pages open and it sort of organises them doing it that way.

My only complaint is that it loses remembered info. I have my login and password saved on hotmail, but if my missus logs in to hers, when I go back my details are gone. It also will log me out of the forums/twitter etc at least 3 times a week. Something that never happened on IE.

Anyone got any ideas?? I do run CCleaner on start up but it doesn't touch the cookies (well it didn't on IE), and it will lose the details mid session not at start up.

Dunno about that one - I've used Chrome a bit, but mostly just for dev testing, I still find FireFox to be a more usable browser at this stage.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

• Drives: MB SLK230 - VW 3.6 CC
FF3 does this now too, at first it was disconcerting but it is actually better, I'll sometimes have 20+ pages open and it sort of organises them doing it that way.

It is a switchable option depending what add ons you have.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Don't mess with'm

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/11/11/3063694.htm

I would have gone to court and bitch slapped googles smarmy legal team and stitched them up with the costs to rub it in..

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
I would have gone to court and bitch slapped googles smarmy legal team and stitched them up with the costs to rub it in..

How? Seems clear that they're trying to profit from Google's good name? Why should that be allowed?

Offline dkabab

http://www.boozle.com.au/ has been around for ages... seems to work fine

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
How? Seems clear that they're trying to profit from Google's good name? Why should that be allowed?

Because the word "Grog" has a meaning of its own which in no way relates to the word google or the google business. I do see your point that they are probably using groggle because of its similarity to google but their site in no way would effect google financially, it is very, very higly unlikely that you would ever accidentally type in groggle when searching for google.... all naming it groggle would do would make it easier to remember groggles website for people that chose to be customers of that site ....

Any lawyer that went to court for the groggle website would have no problem proving precident with so many businesses using things like the word rite in their business name... it would be like Rite Price cooling and heating taking Smoke Rite cookers to court for using the word rite in their business name. Ive never seen anything about Wallmart stopping Smokemart using their business name but that would have come from the Wallmart name. The world google existed long before the company ever did. Someone making google eyes at someone was around long before the internet.. Any semi competent lawyer would have kicked Googles butt in court in 15 minutes.

Corporations need to have less power to control other peoples use of names.... Ugg boots were created and named in Australia and a big US manufacturer stopped Australians selling ugg boots in the US and on ebay and calling them ugg boots because the US people decided to register the name as a brand and trademark. Eventually the Australians took it to court and are now allowed to use the name Ugg boot again in the US. Just as these people should be allowed to use groggle.

Just my opinion of course, I respect your right to see it differently. If the name took business from google, was in the same kind of business as google, I would agree with you. I'm only looking at it from the legal standpoint that there are too many precidents already in place that would make this a simple win in court for the groggle people.