Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
A workmate has inherited this old jalopy from his father's estate, and has no idea what it is or what it's worth.

Apparently it's from ~1922, his old man found it in a field way back when and bought it for $28, then did a full concours rebuild.

It supposedly runs, may just need a water pump or whatever fixed, but otherwise in running and "original" condition.

Figgered some of you old bastards might know something about it, or even know someone who might be interested in it.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Is this basically the same thing?

http://www.autosalon-singen.de/en/fahrzeug80030001.html

This "Wanderer Puppchen" W 3 / 1917 15hp supplied as a chassis with a four-cylinder gasoline engine and by its previous owner provided with a body. The engine develops an output of 15 hp from 1222 cc. The transmission has three forward gears and one reverse gear.

The engine had been completely disassembled, inspected and reassembled. He immediately worked just fine.
Chassis and the body have been completely overhauled and painted.

Radiator, water pump, spring bolts, clutch linings and many other parts had been remade and installed.
The Karbidbeleuchtung renewed working, Karbidgestein is included.

When hunting car used in the field, this Puppchen is equipped with solid rubber tires.

History:
The Stroller W1 5 / 12 hp, also called wanderers Puppchen is a small car, which brought out the Wanderer-Werke from Chemnitz 1912th The little car was delivered as an open touring car with 2 seats in a row and had 2 doors on the left side of the vehicle.

The vehicle was fitted with a controlled 4-cylinder engine with 1.15 liters of displacement front, which developed 12 hp and a 3-speed transmission with shift lever inside right drove the rear wheels.

The following year saw the wanderer W2 5 / 15 HP, which had a slightly larger engine (1.22 liters, 15 hp). In addition to the tandem arrangement of the seats (model H), there were also the two-seater with adjacent seats (model N). All models with adjacent seats had only one door on the left.

1914 published the third version, the traveler W3 5 / 15 hp motor with an enlarged again (1.29 liter, 15 hp). In addition to the above-mentioned two-seaters, there was now a three-seater (model Nv). In this configuration, the car was produced until 1919.

Only after the First World War appeared W4 Wanderer 5 / 15 hp. Again, the engine displacement was increased slightly. With an output of 17 hp the stroke volume was now 1.3 liters. Moreover, it was omitted in favor of the stationary exhaust hanging specimens. The tandem two-seater (model H) was no longer offered.

In 1925 the car was again revised. The Stroller W8 5 / 20 PS retained while the same engine, but this provided 5hp. The two-seater model (model N) fell away and ended up being next to the three-seater and a four-seater available.

1926 presented to the production of the small car after about 9,000 copies without a successor.

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
Nice pick up....

Not so good news that his old man passed though :(

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
No idea, but it might be worth getting it to Motorclassica as a display/sale item....

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wanderer_%28car%29
They were made in Germany up until 1945. I wonder why they stopped? ;)

He could try contacting the person that set up a facebook page for those cars.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wanderer-Puppchen/105639499469223

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.

Offline dkabab

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wanderer_%28car%29
They were made in Germany up until 1945. I wonder why they stopped? ;)

they were part of auto union (now audi) but yes i get your reference

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

:bump:

I thought some of you old geezers might have heard of these back in your day... :p

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I have put the word out on the Vintage and Veteran grape vine......

Most of them old guys don't even have a Computer so I had to make a phone call to a land line and leave a message to ba called back when the dude got home, got a call back and was told that the question will go in next week’s news letter which will be printed for snail mail distribution later this week!! And they will discuss it at next week’s club meeting.....   :doh: :doh: :boggled:

Offline TomE

I have put the word out on the Vintage and Veteran grape vine......

Most of them old guys don't even have a Computer so I had to make a phone call to a land line and leave a message to ba called back when the dude got home, got a call back and was told that the question will go in next week’s news letter which will be printed for snail mail distribution later this week!! And they will discuss it at next week’s club meeting.....   :doh: :doh: :boggled:

Hope you put in an Apology for the Meeting Minutes and checked the roster for your turn to do the tea and cakes.  :p
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Latest Discussions