Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Hope you put in an Apology for the Meeting Minutes and checked the roster for your turn to do the tea and cakes.  :p

hahaha - that's more true than funny.......    :p

Offline Donald Smethurst

I found your info on the 1922 Wanderer on the internet and would be interested to know more about this car.
I purchase a 1922 Wanderer in Oz about 4 years ago which looks very similar to this car
My Wanderer is now in the UK being restored.
What is the engine number of your vehicle ?, have you any other details of an up to date photo ?

Offline paulymx

• Drives: 1958 DKW 3=6
Hi Ash
The Wanderer is a very nice car and quite rare in Australia.  You can find some more info about them from the Audi website - http://www.audi.com.au/au/brand/en/aa_company/history/Evolution_of_the_models/1918-1932/audi.html#source=http://www.audi.com.au/au/brand/en/aa_company/history/Evolution_of_the_models/1918-1932/wanderer/wanderer_6_24_ps_typ_w_9_phaeton.html&container=layerModal

I know there are a couple of other Wanderers in Australia. I know an owner in Melbourne I can put you in touch with.  That also goes for you Donald.  The president of the Historic German Vehicle Register (club) has one.  I can't remember the year though.  I've got a 58 DKW - one of the sister companies in the Four Rings.

Cheers
Paul

Offline ChrisT

Wander 1924 W6. There were 12 imported into Melbourne Australia in 1924 by the Wagner bros. 1 car was set up as a demo car, in those days that meant a car suitable for sprints and racing. As these cars did very well in Germany, Austria & Italy in the early 1900's some of these cars were never sold & left in their crates in a factory till the early 1950's when the Wagner family decided to sell them one of which ended up in the Audi museum the Green 3 seater. It's sister car I now own it was in a country museum for many years owned by Diana Davison the wife of GP driver Lex & had 149 miles on the speedo a new end plate on the water pump oil change & tune now runs like a dream. The race car is the oldest un restored Australian Grand Prix car was entered in the 1928 GP at Phillip Island car 21. Lost a wheel in heaven corner. This car I also own & drive no point in leaving cars in museums to rot and not let people see them running.
ChrisT

Offline ChrisT

Offline paulymx

• Drives: 1958 DKW 3=6
Great to see you're using the cars as they were intended.  Great work.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Spotted today by my ever alert petrol head wife, and thanks ChrisT for taking the time for the nice chat