Offline Cuso

My boss picked up her A5 on Monday last week and has been wondering how to connect her ipod to the sound system. I have advice from the sales prick that she has to buy a $150 cable that is about 4" long to connect it up.

Has anyone else have this issue and is the cost right??

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
My boss picked up her A5 on Monday last week and has been wondering how to connect her ipod to the sound system. I have advice from the sales prick that she has to buy a $150 cable that is about 4" long to connect it up.

Has anyone else have this issue and is the cost right??

I'm not sure, but the dealer will have the cable at a hugely inflated price because they can, would have been on the extras list. $150 is steep for what it is but what else do you do?

Also i'm no expert in Audi media systems but I have read a bit online about the Lambo Audio system (which is nearly identical to Audi ones) and to get certain things activated you might not only have to get a cable that fits into the back of the headunit, but you might have to hook it up to the Audi diagnosing software and "code" (activate) the headunit to accept the Ipod device as well. Google it and see what you find, I think the computer coding software is called VAG COM or something.

I know if I want to activate ipod on the lambo I will have to get it coded to accept the ipod to make it work, i'm sure Audi would be the same unless they were all released pre activated from the factory just to make it easier to install an Ipod, but being Audi and wanting more money I really wouldn't be surprised that you have to go to them to do the coding for you even if you find a cable from somewhere else.

The American forums are helpful with Audi headunits and ways to get around coding things.
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!