Offline waz356

That confirms my point they all look the same

As do all the NSX's - oh, except for that yellow POS that's been riced up even more.  :rolleyes:

I thought you'd be more imaginative than that Les, you're sounding like the kiddies on F-Crap doing their worst Clarkson impersonation.  :thumbsdown:

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

• Drives: Honda NSX
As do all the NSX's - oh, except for that yellow POS that's been riced up even more.  :rolleyes:

I thought you'd be more imaginative than that Les, you're sounding like the kiddies on F-Crap doing their worst Clarkson impersonation.  :thumbsdown:

Nah what i mean there's what 16 different models of porkers but they all look the same - even current stuff. Then theres the 911, looks the same from the early 70's to today  :p

Sure theres only been one face lift with the NSX in 15 yrs but at least Honda doesnt try and pull the wool over your eyes and produce a different shaped headlight and call it a new model. :thumbsup:

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Only thing it confirms is that the NSX is overpriced.

Could I ask what you're basing that on? I've got a few cars and have been thinking an NSX would be a great addition. From watcing the market good ones rarely go below $60K, much less $35K ... so why is it you believe they are that much less a car than a 996?
C'mon, do it!

Offline dkabab

Could I ask what you're basing that on? I've got a few cars and have been thinking an NSX would be a great addition. From watcing the market good ones rarely go below $60K, much less $35K ... so why is it you believe they are that much less a car than a 996?

i think what hes getting at is what they are worth vs what they are selling for.

i can see the point, comparable jap cars such as 2002 series 8 rx7's can be had for 25-30k. new they were around the 100k.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
i can see the point, comparable jap cars such as 2002 series 8 rx7's can be had for 25-30k. new they were around the 100k.

2002 NSXs were close to $1/4m, this particular car was $216k in 1996.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
$10k price drop plus a bunch more info:

Priced to Sell!! Regrettable sale. Much loved vehicle. One owner.
Description   A much loved car, but regrettably I have to sell it (deceased estate).

The NSX has always been meticulously maintained and garaged. It has had only one owner and comes with all manuals and service history.

The NSX is a targa top and is Charlotte Green (I believe this is a one-off in Australia).

Factory mags are fitted though it comes with another set of chrome mags (pictured), leather seats and interior and CD stacker.

FAQ - here are the answers to a few questions that have been posed

1) Is this a genuine Honda import? Does it have full Honda service history?

Yes, it is a genuine Honda import and was purchased from Rick Damelian Honda in Leichhardt in Sydney. The car has had only one owner and has a full service history. The NSX has had each of its scheduled services and was dealer-serviced at Rick Damelian Honda at

5715 km (02/97)
10157 km (06/97)
20133 km (02/98)
30104 km (08/98)
40593 km (02/99)
46448 km (10/99)
58633 km (09/00)

and at N&E Judd, Arncliffe at

68381 km (07/01)
79853 km (10/02)
90393 km (06/03)
100570 km (01/04)
109967 km (07/04)
120320 km (01/05)
123961 km (10/05)
127044 km (10/06)

My father became ill in 2007 and was unable to operate the car, and since that time I have turned it over regularly. It has always been garaged since it was purchased. It is due for a service within the next 5000km, though I can say that it is mechanically A1 and to the very best of my knowledge there are no mechanical faults.

In the time that I have looked after it I have had to replace the ignition switch and some minor electrical work about 4 months ago (about $1500), re-gassed the air conditioning. I put the factory mags back on last month. It was most recently registered in October 2008.

2) Where in NSW is the car located?

I live in Randwick, which is about 20 minutes from Sydney Airport, but the car is located in a secure garage about 10 minutes from the airport.

3) Do you have any photos of the interior that you could mail me?

I have now uploaded some photos that show the interior. The interior is in excellent condition for its age and there are no tears or scratches or stains on it, just normal wear. The leather gear knob shows signs of wear, however I have a brand new replacement (genuine Honda part), though I have not put it on yet.

4) Has the car been in an accident?

No, the car has never been in an accident, and has not had any major faults. The mags are in excellent condition, and have no scrapes or dings.

5) Can you give me more detail on the service history?

I can email this on request. It has had each of its scheduled services, and major service at 100,000. The timing belt and plugs were changed on this occasion and the belt is next due at 200,000km.

6) What condition are the tyres in?

The tyres have plenty of tread (about 4mm above the marker) and have Falken 245/40 on the rear and Falken 215/40 on the front.

Offline Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Still more to go.

Not if he finds a buyer at his price.

I hear WAY more stories of regret about missing an opportunity to purchase (the one that got away/I nearly bought), than I do about regretting paying a certain purschase price.

Sure, there are some great exceptions and bargains to be had, but if you want the car, just buy it before someone else does. :tilt:

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
550 WSR regrets mate?  ;)

Point taken BUT, my disclaimer is that I was happy to pay ALL the money I had available to buy it. I simply don't have any more.

I guess I am saying that if you can easily afford the car, don't miss out and regret it just for the sake of driving a hard bargain.

Personally, I'd NEVER buy a green car.

My mum says they're bad luck.  :tilt: