Offline TomE

Jaguar announces new sports car: the F-TYPE

4th April 2012,New York.

Today Jaguar confirms that it will bring an all-new sports car to production; the F-TYPE.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE PRESS CONFERENCE

Speaking at the New York auto show Adrian Hallmark, Global Brand Director, Jaguar Cars, confirmed: "We showed the C-X16 concept in September 2011, and the reaction to it has been so positive that we've accelerated our development of an all-new Jaguar sports car.

"That car will be called the F-TYPE, and it will be unveiled in production form later this year. The core appeal of Jaguar's cars is their sporting heart, and that heart will beat stronger than ever before in the F-TYPE. Its development is a vivid representation of the confidence and ambition of the Jaguar brand, and the desire amongst our engineers and design team to produce a world-leader in a market segment that we have been absent from for too long. But no longer - the F-TYPE is coming."

Utilising Jaguar's industry-leading knowledge of all-aluminium construction, the F-TYPE will launch as a convertible, and a strict two-seater with the focus uncompromisingly on delivering driver reward. A range of petrol engines will be available - including a new powerplant family - and all will deliver stunning sports car performance.

Today also marks the point that the F-TYPE's rigorous development schedule moves to final on-road testing, with engineering prototypes now leaving Jaguar's Castle Bromwich plant - the same plant at which the production cars will be built.

Ian Hoban, Jaguar's Vehicle Line Director said: "The engineering development of the F-TYPE has focused on delivering a heightened level of dynamic driving reward. We are excited about our progress to date and are looking forward to soon being able to demonstrate what we have achieved."

Ian Callum, Director of Design, said: "A true sports car needs to be pure in both its purpose and its form; to have the opportunity to produce such a car for Jaguar has been a privilege both for myself and for my team. The C-type, D-type and E-type Jaguars were all sports cars that held true to this principle in their era, and the F-TYPE will hold true to that same principle in its time, a time that is soon to arrive."

The F-TYPE will join Jaguar's existing range of cars - the XF saloon and Sportbrake, XJ saloon and XK coupe/convertible. Full F-TYPE technical and range details will be announced later in 2012. It will go on sale in mid 2013.
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
Looks like a Honda s2000
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline Laminator

• https://www.facebook.com/photoesel/

Offline TomE

Latest Teaser video is out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voJITgjmp3g

Rumour is that the F Type Convertible will be shown at Goodwood 2012
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline TomE

Production F Type (Roadster version only ) gets shown at Paris in 2 weeks.

Australian pricing is around
$138k for the SCV6 (250kw)
$200k for the SCV8

Kevin Goult (Head of Jaguar  Cars Australia) has confirmed that Jaguar dealerships  are now taking orders.

The hard top coupe is still a year + away.

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
leaked.

This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline T0M722

The dash - what were they thinking?  :doh:

Murcielago?  :p

It looks pretty stunning from where I'm sitting.
:)