So when are we going for a cruise? :)

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

Offline eddievanhalen

• Drives: 2010 jaguar xkr
Nice...

how much warranty with it?

Until Jan 2013 or 100,000 kms , whatever's first. (it currently has 500 kms on it) - which should give me enough time to sort out any niggles - that includes free servicing other than wear and tear items.

I think at the moment Jag have a special on most of their new cars with 5 years/200,000 kms and 3 years servicing 'til the end of January.  Have a feeling that excludes the "R" models though.

Offline eddievanhalen

So when are we going for a cruise? :)

When you call me with a bribe  :D 

Will be in touch.

Offline Iggy_Type_R

When you call me with a bribe  :D 

Will be in touch.

Knowing your schedule I'd say Australia Day is the next opportunity!! :)

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

Ed, congrats on the XKR. I've never considered one but I found respect when one overtook us in the Carrera S in Classic Adelaide on a wet stage on '09. The driver was better/braver than me but the car looked very comfortable with being punted hard.

That said XKR looked nice in the rear view mirror of the M5 when it came up to the rear for a challenge.. only had a brief look though as it became a small spec in the mirror once the challenge was on ;)

Congrats on the car, mate! It's got pace alright.. sounds decent too.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Until Jan 2013 or 100,000 kms , whatever's first. (it currently has 500 kms on it) - which should give me enough time to sort out any niggles - that includes free servicing other than wear and tear items.

I think at the moment Jag have a special on most of their new cars with 5 years/200,000 kms and 3 years servicing 'til the end of January.  Have a feeling that excludes the "R" models though.

500! really... that all?

ok, well drive it hard and often. If it last 6 months of that it'll probably last 5 years IMO.

Offline eddievanhalen

Plenty of XKR related news today , so thought I'd post some.

Apparently some rich Swiss dudes have funded design studio Vizualtech to come up with a tribute to the E-Type for the 50th Anniversary.   It's been done off a heavily modded current XKR.  Not confirmed for production but interesting.

Chris Harris (who incidentally is long-term testing the XKR at the moment)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZKw0QLJy6o" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZKw0QLJy6o</a>

and the Evo guys did a test of 4 of their favourite harder edged sports cars late last year and the XKR made the list , which is interesting .    The XKR in question was the limited edition XKR75 (unavailable in Oz) which is essentially my car with an extra 20 horses (530 vs 510) and sharper suspension.   You wouldn't normally expect to see the XKR in the company of the top 911GTRs , M3 GTS and Nissan GTR spec V in this kind of enviroment but it sounds like she held her own quite nicely which is all you can ask from what I consider the best "sporty GT".    In their words: "But the fact that it more than held its own in this company speaks volumes."

evo - M3 GTS vs 911 GT3 vs GTR Spec V vs XKR

Another one I missed from Evo was a sports convertible test between the Audi V10 R8 Spyder, Fez California, the stock XKR and Porsche 911 Turbo and the XKR came in 2nd behind the Audi.

evo - R8 Spyder vs 911 Turbo vs XKR vs California

And lastly Jaguar have confirmed a more powerful version of the XKR on the way (XKR-S) which'll push it well beyond the Aston DBS in terms of power and torque.    It'll be on display in Geneva and moves up from 510hp to 542hp and around 660NM of torque.  It'll have a sportier suspension (although I wouldn't want any harder  than is in mine for everyday driving) and a louder soundtrack.

They've also attempted to improve the front end and (unfortunately) dobbed an aftermarket looking spoiler on the back.  The only thing I (and others) seem to be unsure of with the current XKR is the air intakes in the front grille and the somewhat "droopy" headlights.   It's actually starting to grow on me and I can see the teardrop-ish lights hark back to the E-type (or XK-E) .

Anyhow - they've toughened up the lights , which look fine, but the mods to the side intakes and the back spoiler have cheapened it a bit IMHO........so in an attempt to fix up one thing they've stuffed another.  The HSV XKR  :doh: Back to the drawing board.

PS  I had to chop those links into 2 halves to prevent the page going haywire.

Ash edit: fixed the URLs and stuff.

Offline Mr Enzo

^^^
Thats Crazy , liking the wheels, would look meaner without the wing.
Batti il ferro quando caldo.
Strike when the iron is hot.