Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Thanks for your thoughts, Ferrarista did your mate who spent $20k on the part get it done here @ lambo or did he source the part from overseas? If I was in that situation i'd be getting one from the UK/US either as a new part (exchange rate is pretty awesome right now), or a 2nd hand one from the wreckers over there and hope take the risk and see if it was a once off problem with that one unit. The mark up the dealers put here in AUstralia on spares is crazy and what is to say the fault won't happen agian? Maserati already tried to screw me with the throttle body in the 3200, so I bought one from over seas, a brand new Maserati TB for peanuts compared to what they wanted here for the same part.

Grrr the dealers get me angry  :gnasher:

I do know that if something goes wrong in the gallardo, it is generally (not always) more expensive to fix than the same part in a 360. I'm not too worried about the price of repairs (if i'm unlucky enough to find myself in that situation) because they are not your everyday cars, I wont be using them as daily drivers, and i'm not someone who will buy a 2nd hand supercar and expect that it isn't going to be higher maintenance than a Toyota carolla.

And Ash I guess you are saying that there are good and bad in both cars, so get the best of both worlds and have both? I liike the way you think  :thumbsup:
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
And Ash I guess you are saying that there are good and bad in both cars, so get the best of both worlds and have both? I liike the way you think  :thumbsup:
if i had the money, i would too!
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

I've gone back & forth between 360/Gallardo back to back (as pax) plenty of times - the Ferrari feels like the "driver's car" in general, but the Lambo feels Rock Star at the cruising speeds where in the Ferrari you wish there were corners, and then at high speed the Lambo feels far more planted and just generally awesome.

Basically - Ferrari are fantastic for sporty driving, but Lambo are killer at cruising and hardcore driving.

the trouble is the 4wd.

I drove an R33 yesterday after I wheel aligned it, just an old clunker, non GTR.

It was great, really well planted and superbly stable. No real understeer, scrabbled and pulled itself around a roundabout with supreme skill.

Take the front drive out a gallardo.. al la Balboni and poverty pack versions, and it'll liven them up no end.. al la ferrari.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

the trouble is the 4wd.

I drove an R33 yesterday after I wheel aligned it, just an old clunker, non GTR.

It was great, really well planted and superbly stable. No real understeer, scrabbled and pulled itself around a roundabout with supreme skill.

Take the front drive out a gallardo.. al la Balboni and poverty pack versions, and it'll liven them up no end.. al la ferrari.

Gallardos should have had an option to turn off AWD, In R32's you take out a fuse and it becomes rear wheel only, r33's and r34's you unbolt the drive shaft to the front (20 minute job, 5 if you are prepared and have a routine). All sports cars that have AWD should have an option for RWD....
But once again it comes down to the masses, Audi/Lambo know that more then 90% of Lambos become cafe cruisers or weekend or once a month show ponys, these guys have no intention of taking it to a skid pan, so why cater for the minority when the majority would rather ahve as much traction as possible :(

I can see it from both points of view, thats why it should of had the option.
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

I like it, but 42 000 pounds, tell him he's dreaming, Can't get RAWS either
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

the 360 is just more affordable fun....there are heaps more Ferrari techs and spare parts are easier to source.
Lambo's, especially e gears are problematic and parts are through the roof, a mate of mine spent nearly $20k for a paddle shift pump in his '06 Gallardo, and it took more than 4 months to fix...
would be interesting to see if anyone has a 4-5 year old gallardo, and if they have had any probs.
for it being better than a 360, i dont think so.....quicker and rarer, yes, mechanically better, not so sure

Was it this part?

http://www.eurospares.co.uk/partsListing.asp?M=2&Mo=705&A=1&B=43890&S=&ID4=858942

if so it isn't much cheaper than the equivalent 360 part, I don't see the part costing much more than $2k AUD to fit it though.

http://www.eurospares.co.uk/partsListing.asp?M=1&Mo=689&A=1&B=40770&S=&ID4=1664680
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline Markis

• Drives: Yes
Have you inspected this one?

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?Cr=2&R=9220082&keywords=&trecs=28&__sid=12B6F0ADC5E6&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&__Qpb=true&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&seot=1&__N=1216%201246%201247%201252%201282%204294964766%204294964765&silo=1011

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

Nope, it would have been on my to do list but I don't want another convertible, awesome interior, I like that car though. Everything should still work fine, still under waranty.
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides