Offline 360c

• Drug Dealer

Bob Jane still had the Lagonda HOS's a few years ago, probably still does today. They were stupidly expensive and impossible to sell back then.

I recall he got into trouble for skirting around the import tax rules with them too.

I remember the Fosters Lambo. It took years to sell; bur didn't look that bad in the flesh.

Offline Red QV

Yeah, that's the car! There were a few posts about this car about 4 years ago. V12Lambo knew a fair bit about the car and had tracked it to Parramatta I believe. I heard that the car has been reprinted and not very loved. The blue leather interior had been recoloured black! That's dissapointing as I had some photos taken with this beauty and a couple of Fosters girls at the Adelaide GP in 86, i think and it was a beautiful unique colour combo. Does any one know who the current custodian is, or exactly where it is?
I'm new to blogs, can anyone tell me how to get this message to V12Lambo, he seems to know a bit about the car?

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: a heap of shit
If memory serves correctly, the engine was rebuilt after its laps of the Adel GP, some knucklehead started it cold and revved the guts out if it..........namely, John Elliott

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Offline v12Lambo

Hi team,
I have left a message for my friend who currently owns the Blue Thunder Countach, i will update the post when i get a response. It was (is) living under a dust cover in the Parramatta area. The last time i saw the car it was stunning in its red livery with black interior, only a few stone chips revealed the original Fosters Blue guise. This car was originally ordered by The Toy Shop, North Sydney, and was to be delivered to Australia in Army camouflage paint work (for the executive that wanted to FLY under the radar... true story). I have a number of photos of when it was sitting in the showroom which i wil dig out and post. Additionally, does anyone remember the white QV5000 with red leather?? I have photos of the day we picked it up from the International terminal after it came out of the cargo hold of an Air Italia Jumbo.

Offline Red QV

Hi All,
What I do know is this....
Paul Halsteads, The toy shop sold them all in those days via the Authorised Lambo importer Mr Toni Da Fina. The first 5000QV into Aust was a Black/Black/Black wheels.....Looked unbelievable!!! don't know where this one is, but would love to see it!!
The second, just weeks later, was a Red with black interior and red wheels (YUK!) sold into Bris. both cars featured in Aust Modern Motor Mag in Oct 1985 which I still have. pic attached.
I believe the red one one sold first, hence the first QV sold in Australia, black one sold shortly afterwards.
The third was a White with Red leather which was registered in Qld. in fact it was advertised for sale on this site some years ago and is still on the site in the for sale. the pics look awesome.

Offline myfazzman1

• Be prepared.Improvise, Adapt and overcome

Hi All,
What I do know is this....
Paul Halsteads, The toy shop sold them all in those days via the Authorised Lambo importer Mr Toni Da Fina. The first 5000QV into Aust was a Black/Black/Black wheels.....Looked unbelievable!!! don't know where this one is, but would love to see it!!
The second, just weeks later, was a Red with black interior and red wheels (YUK!) sold into Bris. both cars featured in Aust Modern Motor Mag in Oct 1985 which I still have. pic attached.
I believe the red one one sold first, hence the first QV sold in Australia, black one sold shortly afterwards.
The third was a White with Red leather which was registered in Qld. in fact it was advertised for sale on this site some years ago and is still on the site in the for sale. the pics look awesome.

The red car featured in Modern Motor was recently sold by Oldtimer Australia,see their website.

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes....
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
^^  That would have made a nice garage in its day.  A Countach for the weekend and a Lagonda for the daily commute (until it died at least).  :)

+1

BTW - could you imagine how much real estate you could have bought with $320,000 in 86.

If so it would be worth $1.8m today!!

Offline schmik325

• Drives: RR Evoque Dynamic & Benz Valente
Where did Jacko's Countach end up?

I remember seeing a news paper article with him next to it saying what a stupid car it was.

Offline sinkman

I believe you are talking about the "Fosters" competition Lambo Countach?

I understand the car was repainted red and the interior re-dyed as well.I'm told it is in "sad" condition now and has not run or been seen in many years!

Here are some pics. of it in Melbourne when it was up for sale by Bob Jane. The guy who won the car in the Fosters competition elected to take the cash instead of the car. It was then up for sale in the Bob jane showroom before going to Sydney...Jane was dabbling in selling new Aston Martins at the time!

The Lagonda in the photo is now in my garage. I bought it from Bob. 21k miles. Sorted and very reliable. It was his own private car.