Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
In my Ferraris when i'm driving the car soft I tend to release the accelerator as I change gears...

Anyway I have been reading the Gallardo owners handbook and it says on page 100, "Important: It is good practice to change the gear without releasing the accelerator peddal if pressed".

Anyone know why it is better to do it this way? I thought it would be better to release the accelerator as you go to change gears?
How do you guys do it and what have you heard is the best way? An exotic car salesman told me to let go of the accelerator when changing when I didn't need it to hammer in gears quickly....
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline 916senna

• 300kph+ club

• Drives: Remote controlled battery powered toy
It depends on how hard/fast your going.
I find if I'm driving slowly or in normal traffic at low revs, then its better not to lift off and it seems to be a bit smoother.
If I'm going hard at high revs, then I lift a bit, I dont like the bash through the drive train, especially in sport.
Cheers
Jon

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
I personally like page 143..... It is titled "How to save fuel and minimise pollution", but it doesn't say anything about saving fuel and the only thing about polllution is to make sure the catalytic converters are working properly lol
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline bbb

I'm pretty sure the manual in my Gransport say the same thing about not lifting between changes. It also says not to let the car warm up whilst stationary as it's bad for the environment