Offline The Doctor

When your R34 is worth $5000  and the Testa may actually increase in value...you may change your mind.

Taking a huge loss on an exotic (if you could call an R34 an exotic) would be a bitter sweet pill to swallow.
R34's are 1/8th of the price, go quicker, drive better and have better tecnology....which would you prefer?? Its not an exotic, but you don't pay big and hope for it to increase. The TR's have a very minor cult following and so not many people will pay the money asked...a 355 has a better chance of increasing in value. Just my view, please take no offense.

Offline deangpsx8

• I Am Legend
  • I am legend in my own lunchbox

• Drives: Everyone Crazy
  • Name: Dean
  • www: Intellitrac.com.au
R34's are 1/8th of the price, go quicker, drive better and have better tecnology....which would you prefer?? Its not an exotic, but you don't pay big and hope for it to increase. The TR's have a very minor cult following and so not many people will pay the money asked...a 355 has a better chance of increasing in value. Just my view, please take no offense.

Well...let me say that the Testa was the fastest car built in the 80's and kept that title for about 11 years.

So i think it may end up being a better "investment" than one may think.

355 prices are coming down, whereas Testa prices keep edging up.

For example:-

When i started looking in the UK 3 years ago Testa prices ranged between GBP18K to 32K
Current prices in a GFC  are around GBP 30K to GBP60K
Check out autotrader.co.uk

That's why i bought one 2 1/2 years ago...when they had already started to creep up.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

TR all day long over an R34. Then I could sell it and buy 8 R34's if the urge hit me  :)

Offline deangpsx8

• I Am Legend

That's why my day cars are M3 and twin turbo X5.
Quick and reliable and great to drive
but
Somehow don't quite have the same affect on people as the Testa or Countach.

Offline The Doctor

but

why care what 'people' think, you buy a car like this cause YOU like it, right??

Offline deangpsx8

• I Am Legend

but

A few months ago a lady who lives down the road knocked on my door and asked my wife if i could take her 17 yr old son for a spin in the Testa and Countach on his birthday.

She was happy to pay for the privilege.

Just roll up on sunday morning and surprise him she said.

Well i did.

After taking the kid for a spin around the block, the father invited me into his garage where i saw an

E63  daily driver and a 997 twin turbo ( i think a GT3).

Strangely enough those cars meant very little to the kid, the Countach blew him away.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I've got a Testarossa at home this weekend... It's locked up in the garage mostly, but I just moved it out to get some stuff out,

even the almost 70  year old? neighbour came to see it, and ask all about it. as well as the family up the road with 3 boys aged 8, 5 and 3....

they all love a redhead....  :thumbsup: