Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Would anybody beable to inform me as to the sale price that this (the real one :rolleyes:) one went for at the auctions in Tassie?

PM or email is fine

Cheers
Ben

Ben, the damaged Esprit was sold at auction in Tassie for $32250, I was bidding in that auction. The engine was shagged due to being run with no oil, the body damage was not that bad. There is a member here("Dan") who knows the new owner.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
eBay scamola.

http://cars2.ebay.com.au/2000-Lotus-Esprit-V8-Twin-Turbo-with-600HP_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ230356972479

http://myworld.ebay.com.au/tinacameronelephants/

If you ask questions through eBay please include your e-mail address in your message because i cannot see it and i can't reply back.

Lotus Esprit V8 Twin Turbo

First registered 2000

Engine now produces 600 Horsepower due to:
O-ringed block
Forged pistons
Red Race ECU
High flow roller ball bearing T25/T28 turbos
Custom made intercooler kit
Gearbox has been upgraded with single shaft gear with straight cut 1st gear and hardened 2nd gear. Entire gearbox assembly has been cryogenically frozen for hardening and strength.
Differential has been upgraded to Quaiffe limited slip diff with higher ratio crown and pinion. Entire diff assembly has also been cryogenically frozen for hardening and strength.
Recaro race seats fitted and Momo sports steering wheel.
Upgraded, fully adjustable springs and dampers from Germany.
Upgraded Willwood brakes - 6 spot front, 4 spot rear.
Exhaust is now a straight through unit with 2 small high flow cats.
Rear tyres are 315/35/18 to keep the power on the ground. Wheels have been polished to a nickel plate look for effect.
Includes 6 stack Panasonic CD unit with Kenwood amp. Total of 8 speakers now operate within the cabin.
It has a removable roof and a full size boot - one of the very few practical supercars around.

I can respond only if you contact me via mail: tinamonk22@msn.com

I need to sell this car as soon as possible!! People who would like to bid must first email me!!

Offline Dan

Scam you bet, especially since some of that car is in my garage at the moment. It isn't going anywhere at the moment and the owner definately won't sell.

Offline super squalo

• Drives: anything you put petrol in

Offline Dan

600! We don't know. Given the modifications we think it probably is a little bit more than standard.  :scratchchin:

Online andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
I've seen the dyno sheet after Paul Mccreery finished the mods on the car. It was just over 600bhp.

Offline Dan

600!!!Andre... :thumbsup:

Must have been quite a weapon.

Do you have a number for that guy? Hopefully he still has the record for another printout.

One thing though, the intercoolers sat in a vulnerable position where the muffler normally was. At some time they must have had a significant impact, split open and drained the coolant. Ian's looking at making smaller chargecoolers to sit each side of the box under the floor. The v8 has more room because there isn't the cradle for supporting the muffler like on our cars.

Offline dkabab

One thing though, the intercoolers sat in a vulnerable position where the muffler normally was. At some time they must have had a significant impact, split open and drained the coolant.

do you mean radiators or intercoolers? i wouldnt have thought an intercooler would have coolant running through it. unless it was a watercooled one? :boggled:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

do you mean radiators or intercoolers? i wouldnt have thought an intercooler would have coolant running through it. unless it was a watercooled one? :boggled:

Chargecoolers. "Watercooled" jobs. They have Radiators to cool the coolant going thru the Chargecooler.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com