Image: Lotus Elan

My old Elise...

(ash edit: destickified)

Offline Rainey

Oh my god that Elan is beautiful! Wow, that has got to be one of the most impressive convertible cars I have ever seen.

Offline cjay

Oh my god that Elan is beautiful! Wow, that has got to be one of the most impressive convertible cars I have ever seen.

Thanks Rainey! Peter Stevens designed it, and did a great job. No one knows what it is so I tell people it's a Capri with a body kit :D

There are a few more pics of her here if your interested... http://www.flickr.com/photos/elan475/page3/

I have found another Elise I want but can't part with the Elan :(

cj

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
That is a stunning Elan. I've always wanted to get one, but just one of those things - never got to do it.

Offline cjay

That is a stunning Elan. I've always wanted to get one, but just one of those things - never got to do it.

Thanks! It is stunning, even better in real life  :eek:

It had been sitting in a shed for almost 10 years! Only had 9,500k's on it when I got it and still has the sticker telling you how to run it in on the windscreen  :)

Sorry I'm a bit off topic, it's a photo thread... here's a pic of my old Elan  :tilt:

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
Thanks! It is stunning, even better in real life  :eek:

It had been sitting in a shed for almost 10 years! Only had 9,500k's on it when I got it and still has the sticker telling you how to run it in on the windscreen  :)

Sorry I'm a bit off topic, it's a photo thread... here's a pic of my old Elan  :tilt:

That's been my problem - finding a mint Elan. The Elan was so usable, they all have high kms now and most have been abused. If I'd find a mint S2, I'd buy it on the spot.

Did you buy that Aqua one from Melb a couple of years ago? I was looking at that one, but it was too rough for my taste. I like mine showroom.

BTW, I still have the 'run in' sticker on the windscreen of my Esprit too :)

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

They were a mighty car in their day. I never drove one but I recall CAR magazine raving about them.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Ok, I've split this topic about your toy off into it's own thread.  Feel free to re-post a cool pic back into the photo thread though - one at a time. :)

Offline cjay

Sorry Ash, forgive me I'm new ;-)

Offline cjay

andecorp, yep, finding a good Elan is like finding rocking horse poo. I did go to Melb to see the Blue one and it was sad and unloved.

If you like yours showroom keep in touch, mine may be up for grabs soon. It is as close to perfect you will ever see.

I went to Donnington a few years back and saw 150 Elans if you think the ones here are rough don't go to the UK! 

I may be wrong but I think mine is probably one of the best all original Elans on the planet.

mhh, in there day they were miles ahead of everything else and they are still a great drive. if you get a chance to take one for a drive go for it!  :)