Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Fuel fumes, specifically benzine I think,  are really bad for you.

But being Mondi is bad for you anyway :tilt:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Fuel fumes, specifically benzine I think,  are really bad for you.

But being Mondi is bad for you anyway :tilt:

It really sux - next they will be wanting all Mondi's plain packaged with warning labels..........

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Andecorp man, do you have the part number for those sexy Shocks that you have installed???

Think I'll go with a set of them to fix my Saggy arse...........

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
Andecorp man, do you have the part number for those sexy Shocks that you have installed???

Think I'll go with a set of them to fix my Saggy arse...........

They are the aftermarket ones from SJ - bump and rebound ones.

I have a full set of just bump ones if you want them. I had them on my car for a few years until I swapped them to these new ones last year. Make me an offer if you want them. They are absolutely perfect too. Fully adjustable height as well. Including springs obviously.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Oh yeah, got the baby back yesterday.

Under instructions to take it easy for a while so everything can settle in before some hard driving but the different is very noticeable!!!

Much smoother and she feels like she just wants to take off. It is a different car by miles!!!

Still got a few small jobs to do but should be all sorted for the big trip soon.

It's nice to have a well sorted car....   :tilt:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Oh yeah, there was a lot and I mean A LOT of sorting out to do to fix shit from Dealer servicing and repairs from the past.

Stupid crap like things not being put back in the right place, incorrect parts used and just general shit that shouldn't happen.....

And somewhere along the line they removed all the heat shields for the Left hand side of the engine bay and didn't bother putting them back, so it's cooked the engine mount and cause a bit of damage. To top it off the shields are worth about $700-$800 to replace......if I can get them....    :irked:

Offline BigD

Sounds like you needed to get the car to Paul for a full mechanic check over when you orginally purchased the car. At least you got the car for a great price to slowly fix the mechanical issues.

Your Esprit was in with Paul when my Esprit was also being serviced. Paul had it on the hoist and I did see the rubber shoulders on the front lower control arm bushes probably need replacing. Something to check and add to the shopping list, unless Paul has already informed you. Apparently it is a common problem (along with the rubber charge cool impeller slowly degrading) , which also problems with my Esprit.

But obviously these are smaller problem than the heat shields. :(

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Sounds like you needed to get the car to Paul for a full mechanic check over when you orginally purchased the car. At least you got the car for a great price to slowly fix the mechanical issues.

Your Esprit was in with Paul when my Esprit was also being serviced. Paul had it on the hoist and I did see the rubber shoulders on the front lower control arm bushes probably need replacing. Something to check and add to the shopping list, unless Paul has already informed you. Apparently it is a common problem (along with the rubber charge cool impeller slowly degrading) , which also problems with my Esprit.

But obviously these are smaller problem than the heat shields. :(

Parts have already been ordered from PUK and SJ's. 

There wasn't time to have Paul look over the car when it was purchased. In fact there is a pretty epic story regarding finding the car and purchasing it.....

Heat shields may not be a problem, I have a plan.   :)

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Parts have already been ordered from PUK and SJ's. 

There wasn't time to have Paul look over the car when it was purchased. In fact there is a pretty epic story regarding finding the car and purchasing it.....

Heat shields may not be a problem, I have a plan.   :)

Hey, good to see you're alive... and this project's finally looking close to being finished! Taking this to the Hill?

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Hey, good to see you're alive... and this project's finally looking close to being finished! Taking this to the Hill?

Yep - will be taking it to the Hill for sure.

And yeah - just these few little things to clean up and almost done.

I am looking at a pretty sexy suspension package at the moment as well but not sure if that will be worked out before the trip.   :)