Offline JPG

Carsales requires pics to show plates

I presume he means plates not included in sale, which would be good to add anyways.

Offline Alpine

I presume he means plates not included in sale, which would be good to add anyways.

And carsales has a cow if you use dealer showroom pics, even if it's your car, carnts!

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

My bad.

Actually, the plates themselves are worthless. It's the right to display the plates that isn't included in the sale.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

And carsales has a cow if you use dealer showroom pics, even if it's your car, carnts!

does that still apply for those individuals that have dealer licences?

Offline hydie

does that still apply for those individuals that have dealer licences?
If the car is listed as a private seller vehicle it needs to have plates shown.

If it is listed as a new, demo or used under a dealership account we can post them without plates.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

If the car is listed as a private seller vehicle it needs to have plates shown.

If it is listed as a new, demo or used under a dealership account we can post them without plates.

I'm more referring to using dealer showroom pics

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
My bad.

Actually, the plates themselves are worthless. It's the right to display the plates that isn't included in the sale.

Yes; but if you sell the car with plates attached, the rights to display go to the new registered owner of the car (in Vic anyway) unless you specifically put the plates on self retention at Vicroads.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Yes; but if you sell the car with plates attached, the rights to display go to the new registered owner of the car (in Vic anyway) unless you specifically put the plates on self retention at Vicroads.

Not in SA. The plate rights are a separate contract and ownership changes can only happen after the buyer pays the government 10% of the sale price.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
Not in SA. The plate rights are a separate contract and ownership changes can only happen after the buyer pays the government 10% of the sale price.

"Ownership changes can only happen after the buyer pays the Government 10% of the sale price"...........

Ok that explains everything! No fees payable on sale in Victoria. Here it is buyers responsibility to notify Vicroads and register the rights to display in their name. If you don't, the rights transfer with the car.

Offline 98octane

Interesting that the 675LT Spiders are asking a $200-300k premium over the coupes. Are they that much more car?