Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

If my wife didn't have so many demerit point already, I've love one of these. 

I just hope the eventual 5.5 litre twin turbo replacement doesn't lose too much of that exhaust note.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-video/mercedes-e63-amg-90-sec-road-test-video-review/

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I could never see the point in an AMG wagon, the E63 is a great car though.

I had enough trouble in the E500 so the E63 would probably see me off the road, you just can't tell when you've run over the limit unless you keep one eye on the speedo all the time, in the Masa it's different you can tell by the sound of the engine.

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
I could never see the point in an AMG wagon, the E63 is a great car though.

I had enough trouble in the E500 so the E63 would probably see me off the road, you just can't tell when you've run over the limit unless you keep one eye on the speedo all the time, in the Masa it's different you can tell by the sound of the engine.

I love wagons.....very practical & as you say, hope the new engine doesn't loose that note too much, which will add to the attraction, it will be an absolute weapon.......for the missus :p

Even if she does end up with no points, it's another choice that you will have :mischief:

you just can't tell when you've run over the limit unless you keep one eye on the speedo all the time

I think most people do that anyway these days......can't afford to be getting tickets every second week with how many f#$@%&g speed cameras are about the place :gnasher:

Offline Mr Enzo

I love these wagons. But ive read somewhere that we weren't getting the E63 wagon or has that now changed ??
Batti il ferro quando caldo.
Strike when the iron is hot.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I love these wagons. But ive read somewhere that we weren't getting the E63 wagon or has that now changed ??

Not on the price list but I was told a special factory order is possible.

Offline Mr Enzo

So do you think any have landed here alreday ?

Offline Mr Enzo

:thumbsup:

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

So do you think any have landed here alreday ?

I very much doubt it - which makes the idea a whole lot more appealing. :)

Offline Mr Enzo

I very much doubt it - which makes the idea a whole lot more appealing. :)

Agreed there mate. There the ultimate kiddie transporter

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
Mark, you might get your wish after all mate ;)

http://www.carpoint.com.au/news/2011/large-passenger/mercedesbenz/e63/boosted-benz-bound-for-oz-24644

Words - Matt Brogan
Bi-turbo V8 now offered in E 63 AMG with first deliveries to local showrooms due Q3 this year
  Get the best price on a new Mercedes-Benz
Mercedes-Benz 's performance arm AMG will soon offer the CLS-sourced 5.5-litre V8 bi-turbo engine in its revised E 63 AMG sedan and estate.

The new powerplant is offered as part of the group's "Performance 2015" model strategy, bringing more performance and increased efficiency to the high-powered range.

In the E 63 AMG, the 5461cc M 157 designated mill delivers peak power output of 386kW/700Nm together with a combined fuel economy figure of just 9.8L/100km (10.0L/100km in Estate), a 22 per cent reduction from its predecessor. CO2 emissions are 230g/km in sedan and 243g in the Estate variant.

Performance figures see the sedan hit triple digits in 4.3 seconds and the Estate in 4.4 seconds. The top speed on all four variants is electronically limited to 250km/h.

Optionally, the AMG Performance package increases the combined output to a blistering 410kW/800Nm for a 0-100km/h sprint of 4.2 seconds in sedan and 4.3 in Estate.

AMG Performance package models also include a model-specific steering wheel in black Alcantara, red painted brake callipers and carbon fibre boot lip spoiler and rear window sunblind on sedan models.

AMG says that significant reductions in efficiency have been made by its newly developed electromechanical speed-sensitive sports steering system which only draws power when required and innovative high-tech engine components including piezo spray-guided direct injection, a full aluminium crankcase, adjustable camshafts, air/water intercooling, generator management and idle stop/start.

Further aiding economy is a seven-speed SPEEDSHIFT automatic transmission, which utilises a wet start-up clutch in place of a conventional torque converter, and brake energy recuperation.

All E 63 AMG models feature wider track RIDE CONTROL sports suspension with automatic level control and three-mode electronically controlled dampers.

AMG-enhanced models are defined 18-inch alloy wheels housing light-weight composite brakes, "V8 BITURBO" lettering on the front guards, AMG body styling and a sports exhaust system with dual chrome-plated twin tailpipes.

Mercedes-Benz Australia senior manager of corporate communications, David McCarthy, told the Carsales Network the revised E 63 AMG will arrive in Australia later this year.

"We will offer the bi-turbo 5.5-litre engine in the E 63 AMG sometime in Q3 this year. As production dates have not yet been set, I can't be more specific," explained McCarthy.

"The price won't change appreciably [from its current position], but as in all our model upgrades we are looking to extend the value and features in this car wherever possible.

"We're looking at the wagon, too. The C 63 AMG Estate has proved very popular, and with E 63 AMG Estate there's certainly enough interest to make it worthwhile, so we're looking at that."

The current 6.2-litre V8-powered E 63 AMG is priced from $238,060

Read the latest Carsales Network news and reviews on your mobile, iPhone or PDA at the carsales mobile site