Offline Mitch@IR

This detail was for a member from this forum and another forum that I am on who hasa passion for detailing and car care along with a wealth of knowledge.

So Sam contacted me to detail the R35 with his help and opti-guard the car, of course knowing Sams extreme knowledge on products and attention to detail I was excited though scared at the same time.....will he make me look like a beginner, will I hate working with someone on the same car. These were all thoughts running through my head.

I must say, Sams knowledge on polishes that work on the soft Infiniti paint from previous trial and error came in extremely handy to get this car upto spec, working with him was fantastic as through out this massive job we both seemed to have ideas and tips and techniques to share and better both of us. With an 11am start and 10:30 finish between 2 people taking the odd break this would have been a good 18-20 hour detail.I arrived and the car had been washed down clayed and prepared for correction which was fantastic.

For those of you who dont know the car specs include but not limited to:
Full intake
Injector upgrade
Fuel pump upgrade
Full exhaust with catless down pipes
Tuned for E85 with over 400kw@wheels on very sedate tune and boost
Also has a long list of CF parts and accessories

Onto the detail:

*PS I would like to appologise for lack of focus and pics.

So first priority was to inspect the paint for condition, due to the soft nature of the paint after Sam had washed and clayed it, this porcess naturally induced some marring in the finish making it a little worse than prior.
Image: Modified R35 GTR Detail with a suprise Alfa Romeo Special :)

Sams triple LED spotlight brought out the worst in the finish easily!

Rear bumper above number plate

Front 1/4 Panel..GTR FTW

Bonnet

This is the rear bumper above the numberplate after a number of steps trying to find the best combination for correcting the heavy imperfections that were un avoidable by the panel shop when fitting the boot and rear lip.

As we just started to get a move on and figuring out what combination to use this rocked up !!!!

Alfa Romeo 8C Spyder 1 of 500 in the world. Let me tell you I have heard Ferraris and Lamborghinis and just about every other car but IMHO the sound and crackling of the pipes on this thing trumps them all easily!

Made completely from Carbon fibre and left raw on the inside of the boot was great

Even the dash and gauge surrounds are dry carbon fibre... could not think of a nicer modern car interior

OK OK OK back to the GTR....The engine bay which Sam had cleaned up and painted the cover in Top Secret Gold due to the pleathora of TS parts used in the build

After Sam applied C-Quartz to the beautiful ADV.1's

Rear 1/4 after correction

Sam getting right into all the finest details and areas possible

Not a bad reflection to have even prior to Sam following up and expertly jewelling the paint!

Sam still working on detail work with some very classy on lookers....Note the home made microfibre towel wheel cover to stop compound dust from getting on the already cleaned and sealed wheels.

Sam did this on the day using C-Quartz

Passenger rear 1/4 panel

..and after correction

Two cars that are very easy on the eyes.

Sam followed me by jewelling the paint and also used his 4 inch to comound the tighter areas whilst I jewelled the bonnet and roof

Not a bad reflection from the roof on completion of jewelling

Upon completion...Sorry for the slightly blurry photos these were taken at around 10pm and used a slow shutter speed without a tripod :S. I am sure sam will take some outside finished shots soon. :)

The car was sealed with Opti-coat 2.0 of Sams and used opti-guard on some of the higher impact areas ie:bonnet, mirrors, and front window

All in all it was a fantastic yet long day with a good final outcome.

I hope everyone enjoyed reading and looking at the pictures as much as I enjoyed working on the car and with Sam.

Regards,

Mitch
mitch@immaculatereflections.com.au

*Ps I have contacted Ash about sponsoring but as is completly understandable he is extrmely busy at the moment so have not had time to work it out completly yet.

Offline Last_Ride

• Drives: a thing with 4 wheels
  • Name: call me habib
could have used a better camera or camera settings or a better photographer .....

great collection of cars though ...... not a huge fan of 8C .......

i still like Mario :D :thumbsup: not offence :D you did a fantastic job but the write up and the amount of photos Mario puts makes me feel that the car was detailed in front of me
just for a reference:
http://aussieexotics.com/forum/eurogloss-prestige/ferrari-599-gtb-rosso-corsa-322-2007-long-thread-and-picture-heavy-10408.0.html

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

*Ps I have contacted Ash about sponsoring but as is completly understandable he is extrmely busy at the moment so have not had time to work it out completly yet.

Offline domino

• doing it topless

• Drives: on E85
i didnt take many pics either, as we wanted to get the job done in the one day rather than have Mitch come back for 2-3 more days

very happy with the work - so glad i got the easier of the two jobs and let Mitch painstakingly do all the compounding on this super soft paint

im sure we'll take the time for better pics when Mitch does the other cars

and yep i will take some completed pics out in the sun over the weekend

Offline Last_Ride

i didnt take many pics either, as we wanted to get the job done in the one day rather than have Mitch come back for 2-3 more days

very happy with the work - so glad i got the easier of the two jobs and let Mitch painstakingly do all the compounding on this super soft paint

im sure we'll take the time for better pics when Mitch does the other cars

work on the brightness of the photo .... :D rest is all good mate .... good on ya and MITCH

Offline Mitch@IR

could have used a better camera or camera settings or a better photographer .....

great collection of cars though ...... not a huge fan of 8C .......

i still like Mario :D :thumbsup: not offence :D you did a fantastic job but the write up and the amount of photos Mario puts makes me feel that the car was detailed in front of me
just for a reference:
http://aussieexotics.com/forum/eurogloss-prestige/ferrari-599-gtb-rosso-corsa-322-2007-long-thread-and-picture-heavy-10408.0.html

I was using a Canon D550 but as it was night I was using a slow shutter speed but didnt have my tripod so effected the pics :)

Thanks for the words but also take into account this car was completly done in around 10 hours as opposed to 3 days there for allowing alot less time for pics ;P.

I will do another thread next to and hopefully its will be more complete for you :)

Offline Mitch@IR

work on the brightness of the photo .... :D rest is all good mate .... good on ya and MITCH

Yea I know that was the problem thanks for the words once again.

Next time I will have my tripod for better pics as Ill be able to use a slower shutter speed without blurring lol.

thanks Sam glad your happy cant wait to do the others!

Offline Last_Ride

I was using a Canon D550 but as it was night I was using a slow shutter speed but didnt have my tripod so effected the pics :)

Thanks for the words but also take into account this car was completly done in around 10 hours as opposed to 3 days there for allowing alot less time for pics ;P.

I will do another thread next to and hopefully its will be more complete for you :)

will be looking forward to it mate  :thumbsup: