Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
So which AE plate nuts will be there tomorrow?

Will be great to catch up with a few people..... ;)

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline calais

• Drives: WRX
How did it go?

I suspect we'll have a summary of the event from one of the resident plate gurus shortly.

[ 454 ] was purchased by some old geezer for $30,400.

Offline 1st

• Drives: The Historic & Heritage Numberplate market. Historic & Heritage plate dealers & auctioneers.
  • www: HistoricPlates.com.au
I suspect we'll have a summary of the event from one of the resident plate gurus shortly.

[ 454 ] was purchased by some old geezer for $30,400.

Here you can view a report just published on the site, including a picture of the car that has had SA "454" registered to it since 1955, and on which 454 shall remain, with the original owner having secured the plate this afternoon. Bravo.

http://www.historicplates.com.au/sa-historic-plate-tenders-and-auctions-1991-2011

Cheers

Stewart Kay
Proprietor
www.historicplates.com.au
www.thegreatplateauction.com.au

SAs No 1 dealers & auctioneers of Historic Plates, est. 1989
"Leading and Driving the Historic Plate market in SA"

Offline calais

• Drives: WRX

454 shall remain, with the original owner having secured the plate this afternoon. Bravo.

http://www.historicplates.com.au/sa-historic-plate-tenders-and-auctions-1991-2011

Bravo indeed and purchased with such persistence. Great that this plate remains in the hands of the rightful owner... at whatever expense. I'm interested in hearing more.

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
"8866" at $7k seems like a bargain!!! Esp in view of what the number means in Chinese!!
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline M308

• Degranged

Great Afternoon!

It was great to see a few people from AE there ;)

Some impressive results for the 3 digit plates together with a few disappointing results for some of the 4, 5 & 6 digits plates....

6 plates were passed in (2 6 digits, 2 5 digits & 2 4 digits), which surprised quite a few people I spoke with. In recent years, I can only remember 1 other plate that has been passed in, which was SA "6420" in last years auction.

The first plate offered on the day & the lowest priced 6 digit SA "131-535" was passed in for $2,900. The highest priced 6 digit SA "777-717" sold for $6,600.

The 5 digit plates were no real surprise, a little low but the buy of the day goes to SA "61-616" for the 5 digits :thumbsup:

In my opinion, all of todays 4 digit plates were great buys! Every 4 digit plates that I have recently sold have been above the purchase prices today!

SA "8700" = $7,200 BARGAIN!
SA "9339" = $5,800 great buy!
SA "6776" = $6,400 another great buy!

There was really no surprises with the final hammer price of 4 out of the 5 3 digits (I had them a touch lower in my estimates)......I actually thought that SA "858" $18,800 would sell for a little bit more that SA "775" $19,200
SA "454" was a bit of a surprise with a final sale price of $30,400, but when someone wants a plate for personal & sentimental reasons, nothing will stop them :cool: Great purchase :thumbsup:

If the marketing department of the D.T.E.I. put a little more time, effort & money in to promoting today's Auction, they could of accomplished much better sales prices.........they agreed :rolleyes: :p

For the record, unless anyone else has records to prove other wise, last year www.SAplates.com sold the 2 most valuable 3 digit historic plates (SA "167" & SA "662") & "The" most valuable 4 digit historic plate (SA "7777") offered for public sale through my web site..........this year, we have sold the most valuable 5 digit plate (SA "70-000").......just thought I would mention that as this might of had 1 or 2 things to do with todays & other recent sales ;)

Just my 2c worth.....

P.S. A congratulations also goes to the AE members who acquired SA Historic Plates at today's auction........well done guys & great buying as well :)

Cheers,
Scott.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.

SA "454" was a bit of a surprise with a final sale price of $30,400, but when someone wants a plate for personal & sentimental reasons, nothing will stop them :cool: Great purchase :thumbsup:

You think they knew this guy wanted it so set up a dummy bidder to make more money on the day?

Offline M308

• Degranged

You think they knew this guy wanted it so set up a dummy bidder to make more money on the day?

Not at all.....I knew the other bidder......all legit & above board ;)

Offline 1st

• Drives: The Historic & Heritage Numberplate market. Historic & Heritage plate dealers & auctioneers.
  • www: HistoricPlates.com.au