Offline K S

In QLD

I've just ordered some new personalised plates that will not have srew holes in them.

Is there a special double sided tape that anyone could recommend as ideally I would like to keep the plates as 'clean' as possible without holes. I've seen some perspex plates without screws that are taped, but these plates are made of the same metal sheeting as standard issue plates in any state.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Contact 3M as they have a wide range of tapes. We use several here for special purposes.

Offline fivesix

In QLD

I've just ordered some new personalised plates that will not have srew holes in them.

Is there a special double sided tape that anyone could recommend as ideally I would like to keep the plates as 'clean' as possible without holes. I've seen some perspex plates without screws that are taped, but these plates are made of the same metal sheeting as standard issue plates in any state.

Thanks in advance for any help.
prestige plates?

Offline K S

Contact 3M as they have a wide range of tapes. We use several here for special purposes.

Thanks PA, I'll give 3M a call.

Offline K S

prestige plates?

No they're just personalised, so they're made out of the same metal the standard plates are made out of.

Offline powderbomber

we recently used some clear 3m double sided tape to attach some acrylic plates to a ferrari. can give you a product name sorry as we got a length from our signwriter but the tape had red backing on it, and was about 3mm thick clear stuff. sticks like crazy, the plates have not budged through many spirited driving sessions and track days. we were worried if it would ever come off without wrecking the paint or the kevlar bumpers but got the hot tip to use fishing line like cheese-wire and saw back and forward to cut through. anyway, hope that helps?!

Online jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
You won't find good enough double sided tape at your nearest hardware store. I've always used a VBH (very high bondage) double sided tape for work and it sounds very similar stuff that PB is talking about, red back clear tape. Though it is about $50 a roll it is awesome. If you're ever on the Gold Coast you can get it at ABL Distribution at Molendinar, other than that give 3M a call, though there are other brands. I did use a red back black tape once and it was just as good.

Offline dkabab

try any blackwoods store they keep the industrial tapes you're looking for

Offline hummel

we recently used some clear 3m double sided tape to attach some acrylic plates to a ferrari. can give you a product name sorry as we got a length from our signwriter but the tape had red backing on it, and was about 3mm thick clear stuff. sticks like crazy, the plates have not budged through many spirited driving sessions and track days. we were worried if it would ever come off without wrecking the paint or the kevlar bumpers but got the hot tip to use fishing line like cheese-wire and saw back and forward to cut through. anyway, hope that helps?!

Sounds simliar to what we've been useing here at work. We're doing a job for Coca-cola that requires a stainless display pole to be attached to a bar that can withstand all the problems such as water/cold/idiots and not come off.

It's been fantasic and sticks nearly as good as loctite! It's a refrigrant same I believe. We get it through our local packaging company.

Online allanuber

• Name: Al