Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Anyone can become self employed and run their own business.  Some will be doing it just to maintain a wage for themselves, others will be doing it for success

Unless you have people skills and willing to do the hard yards and the ability to recognise opportunities as they come your way the big dollars won't come.

Once you start earning decent dollars, invest wisely to ensure once you don't want to work anymore you still have an income stream, unless of course you are bright enough to set up a business that can run itself.

Ideas are worthless unless you push them to the next level.  We all have ideas but our abilities might not suit them.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I once had a very successful importing business. Until I got family involved.  :doh:

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

I once had a very successful importing business. Until I got family involved.  :doh:

Start it again without family involvement this time

Offline Joel

And aren't you better in every way now, even if you failed??

100% I learnt a hell of a lot and now focusing all energy on something I am a lot more knowledgable on compared to something I was going to make fast money on.

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

Man, when did we become crusty old farts.   :)

Still agree though!  Harrumpfh.    :D   :D

When we realized that most people wait for things to happen and a very small number make things happen :)

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

When we realized that most people wait for things to happen and a very small number make things happen :)

Who's got time to wait? :rolleyes:

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Offline Neru

The way I see it us Gen Y's on this forum, may not have that success business or the right idea now but there is few of us on here taking the initiative to get as information from successful members, so maybe in 5-10 years time we will be in the same position using members here as a role models

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

The way I see it us Gen Y's on this forum, may not have that success business or the right idea now but there is few of us on here taking the initiative to get as information from successful members, so maybe in 5-10 years time we will be in the same position using members here as a role models

One of the issues with waiting 5-10 years to start your own business ( bear in mind I dont know your ages) is that your risk profile/tolerance changes.

You have less catch up time if things go wrong.

But remember, I'm not 100% sure of the figures but 1 in 3 businesses fail and not all are suited to business.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
Once you get tied down with a wife, a motgage and kids you won't be able to risk failure. At that point 99% of people can't break free from the wage slave cycle of  living from pay packet to pay packet. In other words act before you are 30 years old.