Offline TomE

Two time zones in SA could be a reality very soon.

I think it's just a smoke screen to divert the public's attention from the record unemployment, overcrowding at hospitals and economic woes that are plaguing SA. But smoke screens are nothing new with Labor.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/south-australian-state-government-favours-shift-to-eastern-states-time-zone/story-fni6uo1m-1227460130617

It's not Australia Eastern Standard Time. Sydney and Melbourne ARE Australian Business Time. We need to be on it.
Business SA have been pushing for this as long as I can remember.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

But what difference will there be? If Sydney and Melbourne start at 9 am then start at 8:30 am. Bonus you get to go home 30 minutes earlier.

My brother started at 8 am and I finished at 6:30 so we had Australia covered.

Offline dkabab

but the cows won't know what time to be milked......  :doh:

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Brenton will want it because the extra 30 minutes a day will cause curtains to age faster.

Offline Tiger

Brenton will want it because the extra 30 minutes a day will cause curtains to age faster.

Lol  :D very good
Roll on summer

Offline dkabab

Random thought for the day.....

was driving along the Southern expressway and thought, wouldn't this make an awesome 10km unlimited speed race venue...

it wouldn't be anything new to block it off to traffic. Over a weekend, saturday have the heats, followed by the final on the sunday.
prizes for shortest overall time, highest trap speed, different categories etc....

who wouldn't pay to used a closed off freeway with an unlimited speed limit.... the road surface is smooth enough for race cars, f1/lemans etc...

Thoughts?

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Southern Expressway would be easier to close for the weekend as their are viable alternatives to use. 

Offline dkabab

Southern Expressway would be easier to close for the weekend as their are viable alternatives to use.

Whoops. That's what I meant. "Corrected"

Offline Fil-Ski

• Name: Scuderia

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Court orders identity kept secret of wealthy businessman accused of speeding from police in Porsche while intoxicated.

And they say money can't buy everything. 

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/court-orders-identity-kept-secret-of-wealthy-businessman-accused-of-speeding-from-police-in-porsche-while-intoxicated/news-story/595d4c026c98fa4dfc648dfa8f79b31d

cops knocked on his window while he was asleep at the wheel - he then did a runner once woken