Offline GK-0911

Hey Guys,

I'm thinking of advertising in Top Gear magazine, just want to know how many of you guys actually read it?

The ad would be directed at Performance Parts and accessories for Exotic Cars.

Thanks in Advance for any help.

Cheers

Offline futurism

• Drives: Porsche 911 996 GT3
  • Name: David
I read it once
whilst entertaining I found evo to be my magazine of choice
top gear magazine was a bit too much like the show, with jokes etc. but they fall flat in textual form, where as I like how the show itself doesnt take itself seriously

and I only buy magazines at all because I spend a lot of time on planes, where there is no internet, yet

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
Ok, I may as well be the first to put in the obvious recommendation...  I think you'd get better value for money advertising on this site.   :scratchchin:

Offline SiFi

• Navigator/Serial Killer

I got thrown a reject 3/2009 copy of Top Gear Australia magazine on the weekend. Apparently it is now the largest selling motor magazine in Australia according to the editorial, which surprised me. Perhaps request a copy of a demographic survey from ACP in regards to TGA, that should have details of who actually reads the magazine and if they are within your target audience.

I must admit I really find the magazine of little interest, it's like a Womens Weekly of the car world. Lots of froth, but little substance.

Offline OzCarSightings

• Will eat your baby
  • Photographer

• Drives: Golf R32
  • www: JanGlovac.com
Never bought a copy, read the occasional one at mates places.

EVO magazine is also my choice, much better reading and the photos are great.

Offline dkabab

Id have to admit when I do buy magazines, I would buy the UK TG mag before the aus one, purely because the aus one seemed to have uk reviews in it anyway.
That said, I donít buy mags too often any more, I used to be like futurism flying every week.
My main source of info on cars is internet. BUT to be honest, I donít look at ads on the internet, yet im happy to browse them in a magazine. :confused:

Offline futurism

• Drives: Porsche 911 996 GT3
  • Name: David
dkabab makes a good point
when you have no choice but the magazine in front of you for something to occupy your time, you do read the ads

I read the full text in the car/watch/underwear ads in both the qantas and virgin blue magazines just because I know I will run out of stuff to read before the plane lands

On the internet, you usually have 10 windows open and as soon as something is remotely uninteresting you move on

Offline frog_a_lot

• Name: Cam
Don't really read TGA but will read the UK Top Gear magazine, or EVO, mainly depends on what cars/articles are in each, but if there is all 3 next to each other with similar cars and articles i would go EVO, seem to be a better written magazine.

I guess that won't help you as it isn't an aussie magazine. I think alot of people deffinetly read TGA, although it is still fairly new so will be interesting to see where it goes.

EDIT: And by the sounds of your business, if you want to advertise in a Magazine, you are fairly limited and TGA would be the best bet, as all other car magazines are aimed at everyday cars and some performance cars but not exotics.

Offline j15

Don't really read TGA but will read the UK Top Gear magazine, or EVO, mainly depends on what cars/articles are in each, but if there is all 3 next to each other with similar cars and articles i would go EVO, seem to be a better written magazine.

I guess that won't help you as it isn't an aussie magazine. I think alot of people deffinetly read TGA, although it is still fairly new so will be interesting to see where it goes.

EDIT: And by the sounds of your business, if you want to advertise in a Magazine, you are fairly limited and TGA would be the best bet, as all other car magazines are aimed at everyday cars and some performance cars but not exotics.

Unique Cars?

Offline Rat Boy

• 1158 : 143

Never read TG. Its pretty shite imo. Then again so is Evo.
I occasionally read Drivers Republic and Autosport. DR because I know they are good (and I know them) and Autosport because they have alot of club-esque racing that friends compete in.

DR might be worth advertising on. They are getting bigger and bigger.