Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
there was someone on here who posted a friend of theirs walked into an audi dealership, offered 200k on the floor stock audi r8, and they took his offer. cant remember who or what thread but im sure ash might be able to find it, hes good at that....

http://aussieexotics.com/forum/cars/buying-an-exotic-new-11980.0.html

Here's the story from a pal of mine in Sydney.

I am not an Audi fan so don't know the Model names, but it was the top of the line sedan, and Audi were asking $240,000.

My friend, lets call him George, goes to the dealer and says, "I like that car, lets go for a drive" So after much frigging around (the battery is flat) they go out and George loves it. So when they come back he says to the salesman "I'll buy it" the salesman says "Sir the car is $240,000, how are you going to pay for it?" Goerge replies, oh hell I am not going to pay that I will give you $142,000 cash right now. The salesman tried to brush him off, but George was persistent and suggested he go talk to the dealer principal, and also have the DP ring Audi.

You see George had done his homework, and knew there were 7 of these cars in dealerships around the country actually owned by Audi as the dealers would not put them on their floorplans, so Audi stumped up the cars and they were not selling. George knew they were keen to get rid of them.

The salesman came back about 30 minutes later and said "congratulations Sir the car is yours, where's that cheque?"

George is now in his third Audi in 3 years. He has done the same trick three times.

I asked him how and he said that you can beat the shit of of Audi with anything they have on the floor. If it's on the floor then Audi want it gone as a truckload of cars will arrive next week. George buys the stuff that is sitting there. If you want something custom made.... that's when the sex position changes, and they screw you.

I would say that if you think the deal they are offering is good then hit them a bit harder.

Another pal of mine years ago "Rob" used to use their own tactics against them.

He would sort out the deal he wanted and go in and say "If you want to do the deal today here's my offer" A lot of them took it.

Buying cars from dealers is like the America's cup. There is no second place.

Enjoy

:cool:

Offline Neru

the v8 is perfect candidate for the heffernan twin turbo kit, would demolish the v10 

Offline TomE

There was a Trader on here who wrote a great post about buying a XKR vs DB9.

I think his line was : DB9 owners should never drive a XKR and a XKR owner should never park next to a DB9 :)

I think his screen name was some dead 60's rock star. Anyone remember?
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline wolfman

• Drives: Audi R8, X3 M-Sport
  • Name: Dylan
I am sure I saw a V10 R8 in the low 200s somewhere.

I'd go one of them......    :)

Never seen one in that range. Generally 300+

On the DB9/XKR thing-I agree looks wise, but that comparison may well have been with the previous gen XKR (updated a couple of years ago). The new ones absolutely stomp the crap out of the DB9 (510 HP will do that), and is far better appointed inside too.

As for discounts-I have the Jag dealer offering me one for 60k under list!

Offline wolfman

Offline wolfman

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
Good find. Not really "around" 200 though.
In this market, I recon you would get pretty bloody close.......worth a go :thumbsup:

Offline Joel

there was someone on here who posted a friend of theirs walked into an audi dealership, offered 200k on the floor stock audi r8, and they took his offer. cant remember who or what thread but im sure ash might be able to find it, hes good at that....

I also posted that they were doing stupid deals on stock cars. dropping $60-80k

Latest Discussions