Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
Just for clarification, these are the facts as I believe them:

1). The above Europe. The UV 991 GT3RS. This car reportedly (via the verbal background dialogue with the owner) has a replacement engine at 1600km and the "replacement" engine as shown in the footage had traveled 480Km and looked to have been subject to a fire on the LHS of the car with a hot spot around or underneath the rear tail light. We have no knowledge of what caused the fault with the first engine and it may not have been related to a fire. 

2). Europe. The white car pictures after an accident which has clearly destroyed key suspension components. We have been led to believe via some media sources that this incident happened at the track. It is also very evident from pictures take after the incident that some combustion and hot spots (fire) have been evident around the area of the LHS rear tailight and LHS of engine. It is unknown if the fire created a loss of power which lead to the accident or if the accident caused the engine area to catch fire.

3). The newest fire in Europe. The white 991 GT3RS shown in the picture below. This incident looks to have taken place in Europe at a track day event. At this stage no information is know. It appears the engine or ancillaries have caught fire. There is evidence of oil or fluids on the LHS trunk cover but the fire in this case seems more centralized looking at the damage to the rear bumper. Otherwise nothing solid is know at this point in time.

4). There is chatter of a Lava car having caught fire at a European track day over the last 10 days. I understand simply that the car had 2-3000km on it and lost power with the resultant flames emanating from the rear LHS of the vehicle through the grill under the trunk lid. I will update when details come to light.

It has been a very hot summer in Europe and track season is mid flow with tonnes of 991 GT3, GT4 and RS currently on the European circuits. European cars were first to be delivered to customers so it is no surprise like with the 991 GT3 that issues are reported early. It has also been stated that it is WAY too early to suspect the issue is engine related and this is actually related to a rear wheel clearance issue maybe rubbing through a pipe or oil hose causing combustion with friction, speed and compression.

The 991GT3R 2016 race car is fully under development and will share a 9A1 engine with the GT3/RS. There will be no deviation from this plan.
May the Horse be with you....

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URvPLekprr0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URvPLekprr0</a>
The general public is a terrible barometer of taste. Trust your own sensibilities.

Offline JBO

The general public is a terrible barometer of taste. Trust your own sensibilities.

Offline JBO

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ3LcdogfpI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ3LcdogfpI</a>

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

Platinum wheels look best.

Wish I could get one 😭😭😭😭😭

Offline F1V10

• Drives: V10 M5
  • Name: Mr HaHa
How can they not give you one, didn't they sell your car?

Offline Condor Man

• Plastic Surgeon

Platinum wheels look best.

Do you mean titanium?

Offline Condor Man

• Plastic Surgeon

LOL!

Me too.....

Offline JBO

So quite a few of the forum members have been unable to get one?