Offline insect

Hi,

I am also interested in finding out about LHR to RHD conversion, but for a vanilla 996.  Who in Australia could potentially do it?

Thanks,

insect

Offline Rat Boy

• 1158 : 143

It's a race car. it cannot be registered at all, ever. So there's no need to convert it.
Bingo.  :thumbsup:
Cup cars (996 or 997) cannot be registered without some serious modifications to them (suspension first!!!).

There are already about 40 cup cars here, all LHD.
Cup cars are only made in LHD.  :thumbsup:

What I wouldn't give for a road legal 997 RSR... :faint: :faint:
Cheers>>Jack

If you're not wasted, the day is.

Offline Dubai911

hey im currently Living in Dubai ( been here 2 years) moving back to australia at the end of 09 ....any-way long story short i have a 2008 Porsche 911 C2S and a Range Rover Sport HSE 2008 i want to get the both converted from LHD to  RHD can anyone help with places in Sydney or Australia that can convert these cars ?

cheers

d

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I'm not sure you'd even get an import approval for those cars. Too new, no RAWS?

Offline dkabab

I'm not sure you'd even get an import approval for those cars. Too new, no RAWS?

even under the PI scheme?

Offline siu_loong_bao

Kron,

I know of the pain as I have also posted a similar cry for help on this forum (2008 Cayman S Sport - Conversion). I've searched google and found a few places and awaiting their responses....Will keep you posted if I find out anything.

Also, what you are saying about the personal import rule will work for you, you just need the conversion and then register it for normal road use. Be also prepared to pay the high taxes like luxury car tax, GST, customs. I worked mine out to be about $40k - $50k as it's based on the purchase price (and I bought mine new in Oct 2008). I would also suspect another $30k to be dropped into the conversion...

The above is kind of frustrating and pricey, but then again, if you are serious about your Porka (like me), then it's worth investigating...

I've posted my beauty up for you to have a look....

Offline siu_loong_bao

Dubai911 - I am also in Dubai and doing my sums to get it back to Australia!

Seems like there are many LHD Aussie porka owners out there trying to ask the same questions about conversions and rego in Australia....

I am on a bit of a time-constraint  to do my sums as mine is 'sold' pending finance approval from this guy in Dubai(and I will lose $35k AUD on it). The darn thing has only travelled 4,500kms...barely run in!!!! How the world economic crisis has affected us....

Offline Rat Boy

• 1158 : 143

if you are serious about your Porka (like me)

Actually, if you were serious about your Pork. You would've got a GT3/RS/2...  :D

Good photo though. Friend of mine BASE jumped off the Burj...  :)
Cheers>>Jack

If you're not wasted, the day is.

Offline siu_loong_bao

Rat Boy,

Hmm, yes, let me check my bank account to go buy the GT3....oops! I am short by a long way!!!! can you make a donation to my cause? LOL...

The Cayman S Sport was all that I could afford (and I was already over-extended on finance!)...

Offline dkabab

The Cayman S Sport was all that I could afford (and I was already over-extended on finance!)...

:doh: