Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly

Okey Dokey, a standard Carerra "S" then  :clap:

Seriously, that "special" model Porker makes Ferraris "rape and pillage" options pricing seem like good value............and nobody; but nobody bends a customer over the table better than Ferrari
Never looked at a BMW then?!?!

Offline 360c

• Drug Dealer

Never looked at a BMW then?!?!

I've had about a dozen or so. Current X5M has almost every option available, extra cost was under 15k on a $172k base price, so under 10%.
Ferrari themselves say that the average new car has between $120k~$180k in options.......... on a $525k base price.

As I said, Ferrari have it down to a fine art.

Offline dkabab

Yesterday I was lucky enough to get to drive a series 2 997 GT3 RS from Melbourne to horsham. while not the twistiest road in the world, it was still an enjoyable drive. the racing seats were extremely comfortable, and sat as a passenger for most of the way to Adelaide (about 600kms in total) and didn't have a sore back at all, :thumbsup:

the gearbox was very stiff but had a good solid feeling, clutch was much the same, you would end up with an oversized left side of your body driving this car every day. that said, it was extremely smooth and quite easy to drive slowly through towns and take over speed humps.

engine noise was good, and on big acceleration you could hear the exhaust note change (im assuming it has valves) but still not overly loud (comparing with 458/gallardo). road noise was pretty bad though depending on the road surface.

only issue i had with the car was keeping it straight with the wide tyres and the ruts in the road, with more camber up front than standard, it wanted to wander around on the road, but this is obviously set up more for the track, so no big deal

Ive never been a huge fan of porsches, and although the turbos are fast, they have never really excited me, but the RS ticks all the boxes for me, and i would buy one if i could! the engine response felt more like the 458 italia and to some extent a gallardo, maybe not quite the kick in the pants the gallardo gives. but in 5th or 6th, had more than enough power to overtake a car in very little time. and more than more than enough power to overtake back in 3rd  :mischief:

Image: The Porsche Chat random BS thread

Offline Last_Ride

• Drives: a thing with 4 wheels
  • Name: call me habib
love that dave ..... any more photos ??? specially the interior???

Offline dkabab

don't think i have any of the interior sorry.

Image: The Porsche Chat random BS thread

Offline app

Very nice dkabab :thumbsup:

Just curious about your comparison between the Turbo and RS, what made you like the RS more? Also can they be compared? I always had the impression the RS was a track car that can be used on the road, whereas the Turbo was a road car that can be used on the track?

I am a huge fan of Porsches, particularly the GT3 RS, so more pics would be awesome :)

Offline dkabab

Well I havnt driven a turbo yet so my comparasin is based on countless hours in the passenger seat of them. Power delivery is the main thing, the RS is very sharp with the power where as the turbo feels like you are going into warp speed 9 with exponential acceleration.

Pure and simple, I really like the RS and it's the first Porsche I've ever really liked.
The turbos are more than capable through the twisty stuff, but they dont excite me as much.

Offline Last_Ride

• Drives: a thing with 4 wheels
  • Name: call me habib

Offline Brenton

• DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
Very nice dkabab :thumbsup:

Just curious about your comparison between the Turbo and RS, what made you like the RS more? Also can they be compared? I always had the impression the RS was a track car that can be used on the road, whereas the Turbo was a road car that can be used on the track?

The turbo is a sledge hammer with the control of a general surgeon.
A gt3 is a big hammer with the control of a brain surgeon.