Offline trev0006

• Chief video spammer

• Drives: Miss Daisy
  • Name: Trevbot

Offline osg

Rockenfeller's was even bigger. Got no idea what was going through the driver of the GT car's head in the Rockenfeller crash.... that was ridiculous closing the door like that when the headlights were flashed waaaay back.

Offline T0M722

Wow, that's a big crash. You'd have to be so so careful as one of the photographers/media... Or anyone who's close to the barrier for that matter.
:)

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Rockenfeller's was even bigger. Got no idea what was going through the driver of the GT car's head in the Rockenfeller crash.... that was ridiculous closing the door like that when the headlights were flashed waaaay back.

Obviously, he wouldn't have done it on purpose.

No doubt the combination of speed and glare was confusing.

it's also possible he had a dash screen/camera and not a mirror, and it's possible that THAT was set up incorrectly...

We run the screens in Teds cars, and when we first put it in the ferrari, the installer forgot to "flip" the image, so left and right were confused.

Ted did a day on track like it, and it wasn't until I was driving the car to scruitineering the next day that i realised what was going on!!

OOPs!

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG

The ACO rules actually state that the GTE cars have the right of way on the racing line and its up to the LMP class cars to pass safely.

Last time I checked trying to go up the inside on the gravel wasn't the safe way round.
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline dkabab

The ACO rules actually state that the GTE cars have the right of way on the racing line and its up to the LMP class cars to pass safely.

Last time I checked trying to go up the inside on the gravel wasn't the safe way round.

Yep, both accidents involved passing up the inside when they could have easily overtaken on the outside or the following straight. Stupid mistakes by both lmp drivers.

• Soap Dodger

I think McNish was stupid to do what he did, but with the Rocky shunt, it really was a case of confusion, not stupidity.

Offline osg

Well, the stewards obviously saw it differently to your view..... they instructed Kauffman to sit the race out in the #71 458. Not that it mattered as the car was a DNF.

• Soap Dodger

Well, the stewards obviously saw it differently to your view..... they instructed Kauffman to sit the race out in the #71 458. Not that it mattered as the car was a DNF.

yeah, I saw that.

That's a major slap in the face, to be told to not take part any more...

OUCH!

Typical yank though, ducked the question when posed. Tried to make it sound like it was no big deal.