Offline 1st

• Drives: The Historic & Heritage Numberplate market. Historic & Heritage plate dealers & auctioneers.
  • www: HistoricPlates.com.au
http://theage.drive.com.au/motor-news/nissans-v8-supercar-20120404-1wbkg.html

"The car will then be tested against the rival Fords and Holdens to ensure performance parity - to make sure it is no faster or slower and there are no advantages due to the construction of the car."

So, why bother, whats the point in building one then?

Isn't racing all about getting a developmental, technical, set up, driver or regulation interpretation advantage over the others? Why bother badging the cars if this is the caveat?

I recently read Donohue's "The Unfair Advantage" and this statement is the polar opposite of this old school racer's ethos.

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
I'm stumped, when I read that the other day I was wondering what advantage is there for manufacturers to come in (considering the talked figure to get in with a mid field team is around $12M)
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
Its scripted like wrestling
Nissan will be instantly successful and hated by the vast majority, there will be a 'pack of assholes' style incident, incited by company planted assholes in the crowd.

Then there will be allegations of cheating, the race referees will find in favour of nissan after a collision somewhere.

Nissan will remain in front for most of the year, until bathurst

At bathurst nissan will dominate the early stages before holden (they have more fans than ford) amazingly win in the dying stages following mechanical or driver errors of the nissans.

The crowd will erupt, a public holiday will be declared and vb/xxxx/tooheys stocks will soar.

Holden teams will sell more caps than ever and the commodore will be on top of car sales again, for a month.

Offline TEZZA

• Those Frenchies seek him everywhere

• Drives: No matter what it is I am still lusting after something better.
Its scripted like wrestling
Nissan will be instantly successful and hated by the vast majority, there will be a 'pack of assholes' style incident, incited by company planted assholes in the crowd.

Then there will be allegations of cheating, the race referees will find in favour of nissan after a collision somewhere.

Nissan will remain in front for most of the year, until bathurst

At bathurst nissan will dominate the early stages before holden (they have more fans than ford) amazingly win in the dying stages following mechanical or driver errors of the nissans.

The crowd will erupt, a public holiday will be declared and vb/xxxx/tooheys stocks will soar.

Holden teams will sell more caps than ever and the commodore will be on top of car sales again, for a month.

Tsk   tsk   tsk    so cynical at such a young age!!!

Ba ha ha ha

:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Offline eddievanhalen

• Drives: 2010 jaguar xkr

Offline TomE

Unveiled today

Surprise !!! It looks just like a Commodore / Falcon.

I wonder how Stone Brothers Racing  are going trying to make a Merc look like a taxi.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I wonder how Stone Brothers Racing  are going trying to make a Merc look like a taxi.

They already do - if you live in Germany!!!   :tilt:

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
Unveiled today

Rear guard looks a bit squeezie, they must have to roll the guards. Are Atltima's rear wheel drive in original form?

Offline mtarone

They already do - if you live in Germany!!!   :tilt:

Sure C and E class, but an SLS?

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Rear guard looks a bit squeezie, they must have to roll the guards. Are Atltima's rear wheel drive in original form?
No, but then again they aren't V8 either.