Offline AshMan

• Drives: Whatever they give me to drive.
Now that I know that Goog. Analytics does the real time tracking. Like you guys, I'll have a screen somewhere with it open for my site.

Heck I've been getting people to jump on and off, just to see the numbers spike :P

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Now that I know that Goog. Analytics does the real time tracking. Like you guys, I'll have a screen somewhere with it open for my site.

Heck I've been getting people to jump on and off, just to see the numbers spike :P

You don't need another screen, just open another window in Chrome and switch back to it when you're curious, I wonder how accurate it is, there is such a great difference between those stats and stats provided by web hosts.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
You don't need another screen, just open another window in Chrome and switch back to it when you're curious, I wonder how accurate it is, there is such a great difference between those stats and stats provided by web hosts.

I gave up on webhost stats a long time ago, check back early in this thread. Cliff's Notes is I saw there was 50-100% extra traffic etc that I couldn't account for. For the last couple years AE has got 6k visitors a day pretty steadily, webhost stats would probably tell me 10-20k.

Offline AshMan

• Drives: Whatever they give me to drive.
I gave up on webhost stats a long time ago, check back early in this thread. Cliff's Notes is I saw there was 50-100% extra traffic etc that I couldn't account for. For the last couple years AE has got 6k visitors a day pretty steadily, webhost stats would probably tell me 10-20k.

But it looks so much more impressive with web host stats :P

Yep that's what I've got going at the moment. Can be interesting stuff sometimes.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

The extra traffic is spiders of course.

I note your stats say, at the moment, 3 people on from search and 26 internal, so how does that translate into 6000 visitors per day or are you counting hits on images.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

I note your stats say, at the moment, 3 people on from search and 26 internal, so how does that translate into 6000 visitors per day or are you counting hits on images.

I use Google Analytics and Clicky and Chartbeat, which all ignore spiders and direct hits on images (they all rely on the user sending back a response which I place in the footer, feel free to check the html source), if between them they're all wrong then so be it.

I can't comment on what you saw at a given moment, but seeing as there were 29 people using the site at the one minute you looked, is it that hard to think that 6,000 more people would be using it the rest of the time?

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

This thread is getting a bit of love at the moment.......

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I use Google Analytics and Clicky and Chartbeat, which all ignore spiders and direct hits on images (they all rely on the user sending back a response which I place in the footer, feel free to check the html source), if between them they're all wrong then so be it.

I can't comment on what you saw at a given moment, but seeing as there were 29 people using the site at the one minute you looked, is it that hard to think that 6,000 more people would be using it the rest of the time?

So you get 6000 people on here every day and only a handful use the forums, people are strange arent they.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

So you get 6000 people on here every day and only a handful use the forums, people are strange arent they.

I can't be bothered checking the stats right now however can later, but until about 2 years ago the forum only got 10-15% of the traffic on AE - now it's up to maybe 50%? -  there's actually a lot more here than BS'ing about what cars are easy enough to drive to the mall.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I can't be bothered checking the stats right now however can later, but until about 2 years ago the forum only got 10-15% of the traffic on AE - now it's up to maybe 50%? -  there's actually a lot more here than BS'ing about what cars are easy enough to drive to the mall.

Yeah looks like about 20 regulars and 5,980 lurkers, strange really it's such a pleasant environment.

Shame really I wont be able to revell in the wise posts from charming people as much as I used to , very busy lately.