Offline billy k

The club will commence with a Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder, Ferrari Fiorano GTB, Bentley Continental GTC and Maserati Gran Turismo Coupe. Memberships are $25,000 for 12 months. Within that membership you can drive your selection/s for 20 days. More info and website coming soon... Any thoughts?

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
The club will commence with a Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder, Ferrari Fiorano GTB, Bentley Continental GTC and Maserati Gran Turismo Coupe. Memberships are $25,000 for 12 months. Within that membership you can drive your selection/s for 20 days. More info and website coming soon... Any thoughts?

Yes, learn how to become a site sponsor.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Wonder how long you guys will survive.

Should we start an AE betting pool on the expected life expectancy?

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
given the history of these types of membership clubs, why do people persist?

There isn't enough market to support it here.

Certainly not a good business venture just doing the numbers, but when you add the reputation onto it, it's doomed to failure.

Still go ahead, and hopefully some of us can snap up a bargain or two when it all falls over in 12 to 36 months....

eh 916senna?  :tilt:

Offline Markis

• Drives: Yes
given the history of these types of membership clubs, why do people persist?

Certainly not a good business venture just doing the numbers, but when you add the reputation onto it, it's doomed to failure.

Still go ahead, and hopefully some of us can snap up a bargain or two when it all falls over in 12 to 36 months....

eh 916senna?  :tilt:

Did he buy the SCC Superleg? I sat in it while at Manheim Fowles. Definitely needed some attention. Particularly, cosmetic.

Offline 98octane

That's not what I've heard.  But then I haven't read the SSC book.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
That's not what I've heard.  But then I haven't read the SSC book.

"hearing" things means nothing. You only need to "hear" what's written in newspapers and on the net to know it's full of BS.

Where's the evidence of it working?

Where's the facts?

Where's the companies that are doing it, that have tried, and there have been many over just the last 10 years I know of.

It'll start up, look good for a while, suck a few more in, look even better for a shorter while, then come crashing down leaving a trail of debt and conspiracy.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

And besides this is the worst time to start a business based on the luxury of want rather than need. Haven't the operators noticed that the world is on the brink of global recession, businesses are shutting their doors and banks are getting tighter.