FPV FG 335 GT with Coyote 5.0L Supercharged V8 Engine, Factory Stock NO modifications and No ECU tuning involved during the testing
- ES-FG50: Twin 2.5 Cat-Back System (with quad tips) originally designed for FG
XR8 and FG GT 5;.4L
- ES-FG55: Twin 3 Cat-Back System (with quad tips) specially designed for FG
Coyote 5.0L Supercharged 335
- HS-FG80: 17/8 Header with 3 collector
- ES-FG80-CATB(100): 100 cells metallic hi-flow racing cats.Test Equipment:
Dynapack EVO 3000: Ideal dyno machine for R&D thanks to its unique hub-mount setup. This will eliminate tyre pressure & friction variations that could potentially affect the dyno results.
We mounted the dynapack machine onto our 4 post hoist, this allows us to test different systems and configurations without the need to remove the test vehicle on and off the dyno, this will also help eliminate variations during dyno setup.Tested Procedure:
1. Dyno run with complete stock exhaust system;
2. Dyno run with XFORCE Twin 2.5 Cat-Back System(ES-FG50); Header and Cats remained factory stock;
3. Dyno run with XForce Twin 3 Cat-Back System(ES-FG55), while headers and cats remained factory stock;
4. Dyno run with XFORCE 17/8 Header(HS-FG80), Twin 3 metallic hi-flow Cats (ES-FG80-CATB(100)) and Twin 3 Cat-back System (ES-FG55).Dyno test method:
In order to maintain the repeatability and accuracy of the test results, we follow a strict procedure on every dyno run, with no other modifications except exhaust system is tested.
- During the first 5-6 runs, running temperature will increase toward optimal temperature, the power gains increased gradually during every run
- When the power gain is at peak level and begins to fall due to the overheating, the test is put on hold and the engine is let to cool down.
- Above steps are repeated until an average of the highest output is achieved.
- Any abnormal test results are discarded. Test results:
XFORCE Twin 2.5 Cat-Back Vs. Factory Stock system
10~12 kwrw gain over the stock exhaust system;
XFORCE Twin 3 Cat-Back System Vs. Factory Stock System
16~18 kwrw power gains over the factory stock system
XFORCE 17/8 Header and Hi-Flow Cats Vs Stock Headers and Cats
(Both fitted with Twin 3 Cat-back)
15~16 kwrw power gains over the factory stock headers and cats.
XFORCE Full Exhaust System (17/8 Headers + 3 100Cell Metallic Cats +Twin 3 Cat-Back)
Vs. Factory Stock System
30~35 kwrw power gains.Conclusion:
-The Twin 3 Cat-Back has 50% more power gains than the Twin 2.5 Cat-Back, while the twin 2.5 system works well on the previous model of 5.4L N/A V8, the Twin 3 system is the obvious winner here for the supercharged V8 engine.
-Sound level of twin 3 cat-back is higher and deeper than the twin 2.5. Combined with an XFORCE header and cats, users can expect an awesome V8 grunt. It has a distinct rumbling sound on idle, and a tough V8 growl at WOT.
-The full twin 3 system produced an impressing 30~35+ kwrw power gains over the factory stock system. The results are produced without any ECU tunings or other assisted power modifications.
-XFORCE system also shows to produce a flatter torque line throughout the range, improving every day drivability.
If users are looking for the ultimate V8 sound for their FPV 335 GT and power gains throughout the whole rpm range on a stock setup consider an Xforce Full Exhaust System as a very first power getter upgrade.
Important Note: Due to variations in dyno machine and vehicles. Dyno test results may vary for each individual car. This should be used as a guide only.For more information on Xforce including their full range of exhaust systems and Varex mufflers Click Here