Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

My London flight lands at 12:15 pm. I shower and change an hour before landing and hit the ground fresh. Emirates has unbeatable connections into London.
dude, when you fly OS 6 times a year, I can see the need to arrive when it suits.

For the rest of us plebs that travel maybe once a year, we don't care what time we arrive.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

dude, when you fly OS 6 times a year, I can see the need to arrive when it suits.

For the rest of us plebs that travel maybe once a year, we don't care what time we arrive.

Cool. So you'll use the new service? I'm sure Qantas have done their research and reckon it'll be a winner for them.

Offline dkabab

Cool. So you'll use the new service? I'm sure Qantas have done their research and reckon it'll be a winner for them.

17hrs + Brisbane to Perth... what's that another 5?

Offline Fil-Ski

• Name: Scuderia
Unless you live in Perth your better off connecting via Dubai. The flight actually starts in MEL then has a 90min stop in PER followed by the 17hr flight to LHR.
No first class for you Mark on the 787.

Offline jamesatfish

Unless you live in Perth your better off connecting via Dubai. The flight actually starts in MEL then has a 90min stop in PER followed by the 17hr flight to LHR.

Keep in mind that when the MEL-PER-LHR service starts next year, Qantas is actually cutting MEL-DXB-LHR completely.  So there won't be the option to connect to London through Dubai and/or fly First with Qantas out of Melbourne.

The plus side is that the 4-class A380s that service the MEL-DXB-LHR flights are supposed to be used for MEL-HKG and SYD-HKG, which gives the option of connecting to Cathay flights and means there will be a QF First option into Asia again which has been missing for some years. 

As someone who mostly does the Pacific circle (Australia - US - Asia - Australia) that's welcome news.

Offline Fil-Ski

• Name: Scuderia
Keep in mind that when the MEL-PER-LHR service starts next year, Qantas is actually cutting MEL-DXB-LHR completely.  So there won't be the option to connect to London through Dubai and/or fly First with Qantas out of Melbourne.

The plus side is that the 4-class A380s that service the MEL-DXB-LHR flights are supposed to be used for MEL-HKG and SYD-HKG, which gives the option of connecting to Cathay flights and means there will be a QF First option into Asia again which has been missing for some years. 

As someone who mostly does the Pacific circle (Australia - US - Asia - Australia) that's welcome news.
Melbourne sure did get shafted by Qantas. Apparently they simply didn't have enough yield in the premium cabins.
So unless you need to fly Qantas out of MEL for some reason you simply wouldn't as you have so many other options.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Apparently this aircraft is crawling with Qantas staff too. No thanks.

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
I'm at Perth airport, about to board my flight and the whole airport gets evacuated.
We all got rushed out like cattle.

No idea what's going on, but Police everywhere.

Can you imagine all these thousands of people going through security again?? FARK!!!
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

I'm at Perth airport, about to board my flight and the whole airport gets evacuated.
We all got rushed out like cattle.

No idea what's going on, but Police everywhere.

Can you imagine all these thousands of people going through security again?? FARK!!!
don't they know who you are?

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
don't they know who you are?
EXACTLY!!!!  :darkside:
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.